• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Except the AR 10 isnt all that reliable and uses proprietary parts per each manufacturer...which I've said before. An AR10 isnt just a 308 AR15...it looses almost all the positive qualities of an AR 15
Well...true...kinda. It depends on which platform specifically you choose, blah blah blah. I went with the DPMS, which is the most common, for precisely that reason. It was certainly a pain in the ass to make sure I wasn’t buying parts for a different model, like an Armalite AR-10, and when choosing uppers and rails I had to be careful about “DPMS high” or “DPMS low” profile, and since it was an 80% I had to be careful about which stripped uppers worked well with my lower (felt like a Greg Vess at the time). But overall the platform has come a long way in the past 10 years. Many of the less-compatible types have dropped away (MEGA Ma-Ten, for instance), and DPMS’ own attempts to make a smaller “gen2” have also fizzled.
I think it’s going to continue to get better, and with the option to go to even better calibers like 6.5C with just an upper swap, and parts beginning to standardize, mags being easy to get, etc., there’s not much else out there that can do the same things, as quickly.

Edit: And, FWIW, mine has been very reliable, with either the lightweight 16” upper or the 20” heavy barrel upper, with any ammo I've fed it from 147gr to 175gr.

Come on out and try it some time, we can set sandbags on your walker!

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Well...true...kinda. It depends on which platform specifically you choose, blah blah blah. I went with the DPMS, which is the most common, for precisely that reason. It was certainly a pain in the ass to make sure I wasn’t buying parts for a different model, like an Armalite AR-10, and when choosing uppers and rails I had to be careful about “DPMS high” or “DPMS low” profile, and since it was an 80% I had to be careful about which stripped uppers worked well with my lower (felt like a Greg Vess at the time). But overall the platform has come a long way in the past 10 years. Many of the less-compatible types have dropped away (MEGA Ma-Ten, for instance), and DPMS’ own attempts to make a smaller “gen2” have also fizzled.
I think it’s going to continue to get better, and with the option to go to even better calibers like 6.5C with just an upper swap, and parts beginning to standardize, mags being easy to get, etc., there’s not much else out there that can do the same things, as quickly.
Cool, sounds like getting g options like stop/start on a new vehicle that I dont want...

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code