• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
True, so then why do you bother with the FAL? Get yourself a bolt gun.

We were talking about the scoped FAL, not a Rem 700.
I dont have a scoped FAL, and dont want one. I have them because I like them, prefer 308, and are AK reliable.

If I wanted something sub MOA accurate, I'd get a bolt gun. An AR10 is way, way down on my list. At least now they've become mostly reliable since last time I had one.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
No more scope. Now on to a red dot. Also fixed the caps lock issue, just had to stop pressing the caps button.

I did notice the scope (and presumably a red dot also) puts your cheek weld a bit high. Maybe consider getting a nice leather cheek pad on that stock?
I think I found a good one on Brownell's a while back that fit my Garand perfectly and raised the comb height 3/4". If you need it higher you can put extra layers of leather underneath.

For a fairly cheap but solid red dot, I went with the SIG Romeo5, about $100-$125, and has the "Shake awake" feature the Holosuns have.
Good warranty, too. Excellent battery life. And you can turn it off if you don't want the Shake Awake burning your battery up, since this isn't a HD or EDC gun.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
I did notice the scope (and presumably a red dot also) puts your cheek weld a bit high. Maybe consider getting a nice leather cheek pad on that stock?
I think I found a good one on Brownell's a while back that fit my Garand perfectly and raised the comb height 3/4". If you need it higher you can put extra layers of leather underneath.

For a fairly cheap but solid red dot, I went with the SIG Romeo5, about $100-$125, and has the "Shake awake" feature the Holosuns have.
Good warranty, too. Excellent battery life. And you can turn it off if you don't want the Shake Awake burning your battery up, since this isn't a HD or EDC gun.

Yeah, definitely hard to do any cheek weld with a scope. I was being a defiant youth and rebelling against the fuddigarchy (trademark pending). Gave it the old college try but eventually had to throw in the towel.

I'll try a low mount red dot next just to keep angering the purists.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I dont have a scoped FAL, and dont want one. I have them because I like them, prefer 308, and are AK reliable.

If I wanted something sub MOA accurate, I'd get a bolt gun. An AR10 is way, way down on my list. At least now they've become mostly reliable since last time I had one.

Yup, you've walked exactly into my point.

FAL with irons = SOLID.
Bolt action with scope = most accurate/cheapest option

Best mix of semi-auto and reasonably accurate/reliable scoped weapon = AR-10