Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I just looked at my 401k.

2/3 of what it was last week.

I know, I know....it's only "on paper" until you sell it, but dang. Started putting into it in 1987, sure hate to see that slide.

Oh well, can't take it with you, and if economic collapse is what it takes to light this MF up, then so be it.

Right there with ya. We'll get it back though. Just gonna take some time.

Blue bio balls

Hurt me, but make me feel gay at the same time
Sep 5, 2018
Flowery Branch
Zip code

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
I just looked at my 401k.

2/3 of what it was last week.

I know, I know....it's only "on paper" until you sell it, but dang. Started putting into it in 1987, sure hate to see that slide.

Oh well, can't take it with you, and if economic collapse is what it takes to light this MF up, then so be it.

thats why i switched all mine to stable as soon as they crazyness started.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Another day at work. They got a whole wing in the hospital for quarantined Corona patients. No visitors under 16 allowed in the hospital. Everyone coming into the hospital gets screened. Outpatients that are at risk or have a fever/cough are being rescheduled.

As our resident Doctor should we be freaking out?

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I’m betting people will start shopping in the middle of the night or some crazy shit. I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse
I'm sure of it. Probably better to backorder online ahead of time and get stuff delivered (assuming we buy a couple weeks worth at a time)

I agree though, it'll get worse.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
As our resident Doctor should we be freaking out?

If you have any kind of weakened immune system or have pre existing comorbitiy then yes, I'd recommend staying away from large groups of people. Unfortunately I believe almost everyone is going to get this and the later on you get it, the more info/treatment there will be.

Unfortunately people are stupid and in a panic mentality so they see one person hoarding groceries so everyone else starts hoarding groceries too.

TL;DR - Everyone gonna get sick but only the weakened are at risk. Just don't be dumb and wash your hands a lot. Don't touch your face.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
If you have any kind of weakened immune system or have pre existing comorbitiy then yes, I'd recommend staying away from large groups of people. Unfortunately I believe almost everyone is going to get this and the later on you get it, the more info/treatment there will be.

Unfortunately people are stupid and in a panic mentality so they see one person hoarding groceries so everyone else starts hoarding groceries too.

TL;DR - Everyone gonna get sick but only the weakened are at risk. Just don't be dumb and wash your hands a lot. Don't touch your face.

My hand was on my forehead as I read this. I'm screwed.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes

That's the gist I've read. Everything is being canceled to slow the spread not to crash the healthcare system but the genie is out of the bottle.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
i got out quick enough to minimize my losses, maybe a couple grand but that was it and i plan on putting it all back in as soon as the upswing starts

I don't fault you, but it's nearly impossible to determine when to jump out and back in. Often times you'll end up worse by doing this. My mother-in-law wanted me to move her 100% to stable and I told her she'd have to do it herself. 50% of her 401K was in non-stable value-type stuff and I wasn't going to let her lock in those 30% losses we've had over the last couple weeks.

Of course it could all go to zero and I'd be the worst son-in-law possible, so fingers crossed.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
I don't fault you, but it's nearly impossible to determine when to jump out and back in. Often times you'll end up worse by doing this. My mother-in-law wanted me to move her 100% to stable and I told her she'd have to do it herself. 50% of her 401K was in non-stable value-type stuff and I wasn't going to let her lock in those 30% losses we've had over the last couple weeks.

Of course it could all go to zero and I'd be the worst son-in-law possible, so fingers crossed.

it is hard but i wont lie as i do have a slight advantage in that one. My father in law is a partner in an investment firm and a CFA so i generally just go by his advise on when to jump, it also might not work out but he's forgotten more about money than i'll ever know so all i can do is hope lol.