Ball Ground
Zip code

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Foreva eva

Had tacos for lunch with Stegman, he documented it. You guys missed out.

My Elcan experience;

I loved it. I will probably get another one down the line, but just a few observations. I didn't get tons of time behind it, but got a decent feel for it.

My red dot of choice is the mro. That's what I'm using for comparison. On the mro, you can look from any angle and see the dot. You can easily acquire sight picture very quickly. On the Elcan, its like a scope, where there is an eyebox you have to line up on. Even at the 1x. Its better than some lpvo, but still an eyebox you have to find. On the 4x, same thing, better eye relief than the acog, but still have to line it up.

The Elcan is pricey, and heavy. I traded it for a firearm and was happy to do so.

For $450, I bought the stiener 1-4x. Was "about" what I was getting with the elcan. Instead of a flip switch, its a dial. The Elcan is completely bomb proof, I'm sure I could shatter the Steiner glass with some effort. The Steiner is a bigger footprint. Elcan's excel on a sbr maybe, where real estate is limited.

Just offering some insight for you guys.

Now ! Again, I will get another Elcan if the opportunity presents itself, but I did learn some things I was unaware of before getting behind it.