lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
We used CLP in the Corps.

I would love to find one of the Donkey Dick cleaning brushes we used in the Corps but I am NOT about to Google "Marine Corps Donkey Dick"

I did. This is what I got via google.
d6ac245f785f920d4b853e0f73411300.jpg

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Up until a few years ago CLP has been the standard lube for everything from pistols to cannons since about 1985. Then DSL came alone

https://www.military.com/kitup/2016/02/army-touts-improved-lube-for-rifles-machine-guns.html

Prior to 1985 was before my time, so maybe "machine gun oil" was once a thing.....but that half gallon might be regular old CLP. If it's marked MIL-L-63460 it's CLP.

I knew about CLP, but I didn't realize that was the military standard. The stuff I have is thicker...my friend who closed his ffl last year gave it to me bc he was running out of storage space when I helped him move. He was 11 series Army...I'm curious what he gave me. I'll get some pics when I get home. I'll also check if there's a milspec sticker on it. I didn't think to look for that!

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
I knew about CLP, but I didn't realize that was the military standard. The stuff I have is thicker...my friend who closed his ffl last year gave it to me bc he was running out of storage space when I helped him move. He was 11 series Army...I'm curious what he gave me. I'll get some pics when I get home. I'll also check if there's a milspec sticker on it. I didn't think to look for that!
Prior to 1985 there were a lot of different cleaners and lubricants in the mil inventory, each designed for a specific weapon system. CLP brought across the board standardization for weapons maintenance. A little know fact..... MIL-L-63460 (same thing as commercial Break Free) is water based and perfect for corrosive ammo maintenance. Many of the big bore weapons in the military still use corrosive components in the ammo they shoot.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
@Rabbit2047 what are the details on the 1911s you sell? Railed commander possible?

Sure. Base model price is $900.

Things like bobtail, odd caliber, special finish, special sights, bull barrel, fancy grips, custom serrations custom serial number will be extra.

Standard options are Gov, Commander, officer length slides, frames are all made from 1095 and are available railed or standard in Gov, Commander, and officer.

Standard finish is brushed stainless or hot blued

Available in 45, and 9 mm. Other calibers available for additional cost.