Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

gasouthsiderevolver

Woodsman
Kalash Klub
Feb 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Zip code
It’s surprisingly light being mostly polymer. Especially considering it’s holding 50 rounds. With the SBR 10.4” barrel it’ll drop the weigh even more.

one thing I can truly say about both the Five Seven and PS90 is they’re super comfortable and ergonomic, full ambidextrous and Their controls are very intuitive.

it was easy to pick up and learn where to put my cheek, how to manipulate the selector and transitioning the weapon to weak side/strong side.

Only downfall is the poors hating on you and the cost of ammo lol.

It’s super interesting to compare the cartridges out there available. you gotta do a decent amount of research to figure out what’s best for your platform and situation. When you choose the right combination of ammo for situation it starts becoming a very effective weapon for certain uses. PDW all day, but 200y ain’t hard to touch.

I would imagine 200 yards ain’t hard being a rifle round and all but with the shorter barrel not sure about muzzle velocity and affective ness down range at those distances. That’s good to hear it’s intuitive sometimes that’s an important aspect as well.

I only had an AR because everyone else had one as a “Battle Rifle”. But I lucked into my first AK at a pawn shop for a SAR-1 for $400 a few years back and it was weird at first but I slowly fell in love with the feel and awkwardness of it. To the fact my AR has dust on it a lot until I pull it out just to shoot it. Never shot the FN but have seen them and intrigued by them as well. Thanks for the thoughts JDS!

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I heard a lot of great stuff about them. The price is stupid, but I butcher around a half dozen big critters a year, make my own sausage, and get serious with fish. I reckon I have enough in knives to make it worth it.

I've been sharpening knives since I was a kid, but some of the bigger ones are a pain, as are some of the newer steel blends. This should take the art out of it, and make a reproducible edge every time.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I would imagine 200 yards ain’t hard being a rifle round and all but with the shorter barrel not sure about muzzle velocity and affective ness down range at those distances. That’s good to hear it’s intuitive sometimes that’s an important aspect as well.

I only had an AR because everyone else had one as a “Battle Rifle”. But I lucked into my first AK at a pawn shop for a SAR-1 for $400 a few years back and it was weird at first but I slowly fell in love with the feel and awkwardness of it. To the fact my AR has dust on it a lot until I pull it out just to shoot it. Never shot the FN but have seen them and intrigued by them as well. Thanks for the thoughts JDS!
When I get home tonight I’ll post what I’ve learned about ammo, zero distance, kinetic energy, different loads and what they shine in. I’ve learned a lot and will share my research

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Me either I guess I’ll have to order one thanks

7075 or 6061 what would be better or does it matter for light duty occasional use

Ok... so you're spilling over into aerospace materials (I know a little about them). Temper makes a huge difference in aluminum. Assuming we're comparing 7075-T6 to 6061-T6, the 7075 has a yield strength of about 70,000 psi. The 6061 is more like 41,000 psi. You can check www.matweb.com for the specifics.

6061 is way, way cheaper than 7075 too.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Ok... so you're spilling over into aerospace materials (I know a little about them). Temper makes a huge difference in aluminum. Assuming we're comparing 7075-T6 to 6061-T6, the 7075 has a yield strength of about 70,000 psi. The 6061 is more like 41,000 psi. You can check www.matweb.com for the specifics.

6061 is way, way cheaper than 7075 too.

Now that’s the math I can use. Thanks man. I hope the 6061 works out that’s what I’m going with. May hit the show at the expo