Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Fuck it. I'll call Tim at TRA and tell him I'll sell him that parts kit he has wanted for years.

I have in storage a numbers matching 1949 Izzy Type 1 with intact barrel and saw cut receiver. To this day I have no clue where my ex-wife ran across it, or how I managed to retain possession after the divorce....
PLO?

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
@gaigeboyd - There's a series I listened to with the wife - "Dr. Death". True story about this clown neurosurgeon from Memphis, ended up in Dallas....pretty crazy stuff before he got stopped. I highly recommend it.

Oh, good morning! Snowing in Tulsa. Sunday it was in the 70s and I was kayaking on the Cimarron.
If this actually accumulates like they claim, it'll be the first real winter storm since 2011. They've already shut all the schools down.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Seriously though, I know JRA has a mediocre rap, but $849 RPK is appealing to my pocketbook.

@triplestack3 @Jds556762 @Jeddak

Y'all are my trifecta of knowledge. I need a yay or nay

I mean it's not BAD if you price it out.

If you buy from Classic, you pay tax and shipping on the rifle, which brings it to about $950 OTD (the rifle is oversize UPS and not cheap to ship). You get a rifle that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel (AFAIK) and has mismatching parts.

If you get a matching kit for $300, 16" chrome lined barrel for $159, Childers custom receiver for about $139, and have it built by Two Rivers Arms, you are looking at about $1100 OTD. You get a matching RPK carbine with chrome lined barrel for about $150 more. It's also easy to have an optics side rail welded on.

Really comes down to what you want to do with the rifle... shoot it around for a while and dump it, maybe make a couple bucks or break even, and add it to the list of shit you regret selling... or have a badass carbine built the way you want but probably won't get your money back out of (at least not in this political environment, but guns shouldn't be purchased based on speculation, IMO).