• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yep. I think we can all agree the 2Jz is Gods straight six motor tho.
Honestly the older I get the less interest I have in turbos....but for turbo S6s I agree.

They are maintenance intensive with valve adjustments, but I love me some S54.

I had the absolute privilege of driving an E30 M3...that car is plain phenomenal.

I like big cars tho since I'm a fat italian. An E31 740i lowered is more my style nowadays...or an E34 540i. At least as far as older german cars go.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
will always be my second favorite behind the 13b. i have no fucking clue why someone at toyota didnt tell them to just throw the old engine in the new supra and make everybody happy, instead they threw a fucking bmw engine in it and committed car blasphemy.
That car is opposite what it should be. Toyota engine and BMW chassis would have been a monster.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
Yeah i mean a lot of people consider the N54 the German 2J for its tuning potential. But the new motor in the Supra shouldn’t have happened. The last Good turbo I6 motors made were the 2J and RB.

100% i just dont understand how they could think it to be a good idea to take their flagship, which should show everyone what toyota can still do, and they let bmw build it. total insanity, but again i am totally insane too because all i want is a new rotatory powered car because i love them so much, i would kill for a new version of the REPU

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
Honestly the older I get the less interest I have in turbos....but for turbo S6s I agree.

They are maintenance intensive with valve adjustments, but I love me some S54.

I had the absolute privilege of driving an E30 M3...that car is plain phenomenal.

I like big cars tho since I'm a fat italian. An E31 740i lowered is more my style nowadays...or an E34 540i. At least as far as older german cars go.

I agree w all that. Except (as amazing the s54 is) it still was plagued w rod bearing catastrophes that BMW claimed to be a “maintenance item” every 50k

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah i mean a lot of people consider the N54 the German 2J for its tuning potential. But the new motor in the Supra shouldn’t have happened. The last Good turbo I6 motors made were the 2J and RB.
I lile the Skylines over the Supras. I drove a buddy's R32 GTR in germany and freaking love that car. The car I've gone the fastest in and broke the 2 century mark was in a Skyline Spec V on the A60

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
That car is opposite what it should be. Toyota engine and BMW chassis would have been a monster.
100% i just dont understand how they could think it to be a good idea to take their flagship, which should show everyone what toyota can still do, and they let bmw build it. total insanity, but again i am totally insane too because all i want is a new rotatory powered car because i love them so much, i would kill for a new version of the REPU

Shit no, the only thing less reliable than a forced induction bmw motor is a rotary

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
Shit no, the only thing less reliable than a forced induction bmw motor is a rotary

they actually arnt as bad as alot of the stories. most of the time the damage was done by folks straight up not knowing how to drive them properly (have to redline the hell out of them at least once a week) and not knowing how to maintain them and make sure they are consuming enough oil, after that they arnt that bad. I had an old 81 rx7 with the old 12a that had 220k on the original seals and was still running strong when i sold it.

Also when they did break they were insanely easy to fix, i could pull a motor out rebuild it and have it back in the car generally in less than a day. Biggest problem they had was when they made the RX8 they went backwards tried to make it more of a commutor car which the engien really isnt designed for, its designed to go like stink all the fucking time lol.

Reactions: Jstegman1 and 3x

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
Two things from me then off for some trigger time:

Just met up with @CQB27 and I am thrilled. I keep trying to get away from Glocks but with the KK price from him just couldn’t pass it up! Great dude!

Fixing to take my semi lib father in law to the range. I’ve been with his daughter ~9 years and have never taken him shooting so this’ll be interesting. Gotta sight in/check the .300 bo pistol for some hog hunting next weekend while I’m there. Gonna set him up with a few cz’s and a g19 with rmr and through the osprey .45 on em. Interested to see how this goes.

Edit:
42dcdb55c9fe155bea0634fda8efb18f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
they actually arnt as bad as alot of the stories. most of the time the damage was done by folks straight up not knowing how to drive them properly (have to redline the hell out of them at least once a week) and not knowing how to maintain them and make sure they are consuming enough oil, after that they arnt that bad. I had an old 81 rx7 with the old 12a that had 220k on the original seals and was still running strong when i sold it.

Also when they did break they were insanely easy to fix, i could pull a motor out rebuild it and have it back in the car generally in less than a day. Biggest problem they had was when they made the RX8 they went backwards tried to make it more of a commutor car which the engien really isnt designed for, its designed to go like stink all the fucking time lol.

Ehhhhhhh idk about that partner

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Lol yes, getting an NA engine puts you ahead of the longevity curve, then you only have to worry about electrical gremlins and oil leaks.

I flogged a 135i on the Nurburgring a few times...it is an amazing car...same with the v8 M3s...but I personally couldnt buy one knowing the inevitable problems they develop. I think BMW started losing it's way around 06 or 07....I used to be a die hard BMW guy...and still sorta am but only on the older stuff, especially the mechanical cars
I almost bought a 135 instead of the 911, but after seeing so many bmws blow up at 100k for various reasons, I tabled it. It was a fun car. So was the evo x. Same deal though. Throwaway cars.
Even an ugly ass 996 will forever be a 911 no matter what.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I almost bought a 135 instead of the 911, but after seeing so many bmws blow up at 100k for various reasons, I tabled it. It was a fun car. So was the evo x. Same deal though. Throwaway cars.
Even an ugly ass 996 will forever be a 911 no matter what.
I'm a fan of the headlights on the 996. I know that's blasphemous to the die hard porsche guys...but fuck them