Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I have several AKs built by Atlantic with WBP parts, and quality is superb. If you want a 100% Polish AK.

Last edited:

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Which way do the arrrows point on the Swanson sleeve. I see them forwards, but that Hootch scootch guy says arrow towars rear?

Sootch is such a fucking fanboi, I hate his reviews. Everything he talks about is always the “best you can buy”, he never gets real with it and exposes any problems.
This knucklefucker actually says part of the purpose of the Swan Sleeve is “to protect the pic rail”, and he’s saying it’s a new thing but he’s had one for 13 years. What a moron.
Looks to me like the real advantage of this riser system is to allow a rail over standard HGs to mount larger optics or additional shit to your mall-ninja gat.

Unfortunately, it changes from being 1913 Pic rail to a Weaver rail as it goes forward, so if you’ve got an optic that needs certain slots to match up you’re boned.

Still, it might be better than trying to match up slots on a railed HG to a flat-top upper because most of the ones I’ve seen can’t figure out how to do that either.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I am new to ARs, but BCM and FN seem to match rails on forend and upper good.
That’s good. Most of the older ones never bothered - And I’m not talking about just the rails lining up, I’m taking about the slot spacing. I tried one to bridge the gap from receiver to HG with a huge red-dot I had and even though the T-slots were sequentially numbered, the spacing was never right.

Most upper receivers have a larger unslotted block at the front end, and then the HGs have another unslotted block on the pic rail at the rear, and they don’t measure it out when cutting the slots. image.jpg image.jpg

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
That’s good. Most of the older ones never bothered - And I’m not talking about just the rails lining up, I’m taking about the slot spacing. I tried one to bridge the gap from receiver to HG with a huge red-dot I had and even though the T-slots were sequentially numbered, the spacing was never right.

Most upper receivers have a larger unslotted block at the front end, and then the HGs have another unslotted block on the pic rail at the rear, and they don’t measure it out when cutting the slots. View attachment 62771 View attachment 62772
That's actually not the worst I have seen

Semi-related - unpacked an M4gery that I owned in California and it still had the "bullet button" on it. Threw that shit in the trash immediately. Sad thing is that means I haven't shot the thing since maybe 2013-2014 at latest.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
That's actually not the worst I have seen

Semi-related - unpacked an M4gery that I owned in California and it still had the "bullet button" on it. Threw that shit in the trash immediately. Sad thing is that means I haven't shot the thing since maybe 2013-2014 at latest.
Yeah, I realize that bridging from the receiver to the HG with a scope is *not* the most rigid way to mount an optic, so I don’t do that. At the time I figured a RDS for short distance wouldn’t really be that bad.