Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I won't set foot in a Salvation Army except to use the shitter. Most of the high level people own antique stores.

Around here there is a rescue called Furkids that doesn't have a paid employee. We give most everything to them.
We got our cat there.

Reactions: Strider12 and sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I found boxes of pokemon and yugio cards from my son when cleaning his closet awhile back
I really need to go through them,i might be in for some $$$$$$

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
im to lazy to sell it. I can get tax write offs at goodwill, not sure how it works,i just turn em in every year when lady does our taxes

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Ah....duh...that makes sense.

That's kind of at what I was driving....it seems like after the initial sale and the company gets the infusion of cash, the rest of it is people playing money games over meaningless pieces of paper....and I'm wrestling to understand how and why that affects life as it does.

You lied when you said you don't get it.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
A Chinese woman beats the airline security at their own game by chugging an entire bottle of $200 Cognac (Remy Martin XO Excellence) since they wouldn't let her take it on a from Beijing to Wenzhou.

This is something that I nearly did with a bottle of Hanoi Vodka I got from Vietnam and was forced to do something other than carry it on my connecting flight in Seoul, South Korea... however I didn't want to pass out from alcohol poisoning.

I really don't understand the security policy that many airports have that requires flyers to repack any liquids purchased at a Duty-Free store that is in a secured area and the flyer has not left a secured area. Regardless of the reason, this lady responded like a BOSS!

http://www.cbs46.com/story/29875112...chugging-whole-bottle-of-booze?autostart=true

Drops-Mic.jpg

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The way I see it you basically give someone your hard earned money so they can play with it. If they make money they get paid and if you lose money they get paid. The only one taking a risk is you. I lost 8K this past Thursday and Friday before I could get the bulk of it moved into a safer fund. If I hadnt moved it I would have lost approximately another 5K today.
How did you lose $8k before you sold it?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

That's kind of at what I was driving....it seems like after the initial sale and the company gets the infusion of cash, the rest of it is people playing money games over meaningless pieces of paper....and I'm wrestling to understand how and why that affects life as it does.
Stocks are just as meaningless as gold nuggets or paper money to you and me. They can accomplish the same things.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It's gonna suck for a while. If I had money in 401k I would cash out. That's just me. I cashed out when the stock market was near 18000. I got skeered. Paying the taxes is better than losing the whole damn thing IMO.
How can you lose the whole thing?
When do you retire?
What are you scared of?

Honest questions.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Yeah, I couldn't take 3-4 punches of water on board that I forgot in my camelbak water bottle.

Made me exit the airport and try again.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Well, not really. You see, as a reward for you for buying/owning their stock the companies will often pay these things called dividends. Dividends are usually paid out based on the company's quarterly performance. Buying and holding some company stocks pay dividends higher than certificates of deposit - CD's.

Of course if the value of the stock goes down during that time and you sell, then you take a loss and not sure if you can claim that loss on your income taxes. I /think/ you can.

However, if you sell the stock and MAKE money, the IRS will be after some of THAT money.

And dividends get rolled back into the value of your money market fund or whatever method of 401K you may have.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
How can you lose the whole thing?
When do you retire?
What are you scared of?

Honest questions.

When people realize that infinite growth is impossible, then the system will stop working. I'm probably most worried about the value of the dollar and it losing it's status as the world's reserve currency. That ball is already rolling. I have no clue on retirement. Maybe 20 years. I receive a retirement check already from the Army and my second one will be from the USPS. I'll be okay as long as the gov don't go belly up.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I think they are afraid of inflammable liquids that you could use to set folks on fire and junk.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
When people realize that infinite growth is impossible, then the system will stop working. I'm probably most worried about the value of the dollar and it losing it's status as the world's reserve currency. That ball is already rolling. I have no clue on retirement. Maybe 20 years. I receive a retirement check already from the Army and my second one will be from the USPS. I'll be okay as long as the gov don't go belly up.
So you don't believe that your stocks will have more value in 20 years than they do now?