• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
@Fast306stang @Shemp @Jake

Picked up this DW A2 Commander Yesterday. I was looking for a carry 1911 and actually had been focused on a Colt Commander before I found it. I just missed out on a $650 Series 80 commander and was a little bummed until I stumbled on the A2.

View attachment 62387

View attachment 62388

Overall the fit/finish on this gun a far superior to any Colt or Springfield I have owned. It's a production 1911 no doubt, but it also has some attention to detail that went into the fitting of the slide/frame, fire control parts, mag catch, grip safety, extractor that I have never seen in production guns. Internally the attention to detail in is apparent too. Based on what I have seen in the rest of the higher end production guns, DW appears to be top shelf bang for the buck, not to mention no MIM parts, and I believe no cast parts since 2016.

I could replace all the MIM/cast in Colt Commander to bring it up to the same level as this DW, but the difference in price would make the $650 Colt more expensive and it would still be a series 80 gun and I prefer a series 70. Anyway, I remembered reading about a question about DWs a few pages back and just thought I would pass on my "first DW experience".

I'm still stoked over this!