Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I'd give you a first responder discount, $850. Just remember that there might be a day when something is burning that I'd need extinguished with no questions asked.
Damn...now I’m debating if I really need this Ak63DS lol! Let me see what I can do. Might can work several OT shifts.

with that being said, if someone else comes along with $900 first, by all means sell it to them. It would be February before I could get that.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Hungarian locking plate
Romanian Body
Chinese Follower
Base Plate/Spring?
Mix Master Supreme! A Fine Magazine!
That's all I got.

That confirms my suspicions! Not sure how that mag slipped past me, I've had it for a long time. I have all my mags organized and I have a 5 cell tan Hungarian pouch for the leftovers...when I was diggin through it to swap one of my EGs into it, I found it. And I was all :confused2:

Lmao!

@I.D.-ten-T the follower is a bit different than the YUGO BHO. The BHO is more robust to handle the slamming of the bolt into the back of it. Also if you look at the mag, the follower sits below the feed lips bc of the welded "stop" inside the mag body. Yugo BHO mags don't have that stop, the follower stops when it contacts the feed lips, so it comes all the way to the top of the mag...

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
@Fast306stang @Shemp @Jake

Picked up this DW A2 Commander Yesterday. I was looking for a carry 1911 and actually had been focused on a Colt Commander before I found it. I just missed out on a $650 Series 80 commander and was a little bummed until I stumbled on the A2.

DW6.jpeg

DW7.jpeg

Overall the fit/finish on this gun a far superior to any Colt or Springfield I have owned. It's a production 1911 no doubt, but it also has some attention to detail that went into the fitting of the slide/frame, fire control parts, mag catch, grip safety, extractor that I have never seen in production guns. Internally the attention to detail in is apparent too. Based on what I have seen in the rest of the higher end production guns, DW appears to be top shelf bang for the buck, not to mention no MIM parts, and I believe no cast parts since 2016.

I could replace all the MIM/cast in Colt Commander to bring it up to the same level as this DW, but the difference in price would make the $650 Colt more expensive and it would still be a series 80 gun and I prefer a series 70. Anyway, I remembered reading about a question about DWs a few pages back and just thought I would pass on my "first DW experience".

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Damn, I’m about to work a few doubles and use tax money for an FAL. Thanks @Shemp

I love a badass battle rifle but I don't keep them around because I don't want to pay to feed them.

@Kyle Turner bought one of these from me and I can promise you, the man knows his stuff when it comes to FALs. Other weapons as well.

20181221_131855.jpg 20181221_131835.jpg 20181122_171119.jpg 20181221_140323.jpg 20181122_170947.jpg

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
@Fast306stang @Shemp @Jake

Picked up this DW A2 Commander Yesterday. I was looking for a carry 1911 and actually had been focused on a Colt Commander before I found it. I just missed out on a $650 Series 80 commander and was a little bummed until I stumbled on the A2.

View attachment 62387

View attachment 62388

Overall the fit/finish on this gun a far superior to any Colt or Springfield I have owned. It's a production 1911 no doubt, but it also has some attention to detail that went into the fitting of the slide/frame, fire control parts, mag catch, grip safety, extractor that I have never seen in production guns. Internally the attention to detail in is apparent too. Based on what I have seen in the rest of the higher end production guns, DW appears to be top shelf bang for the buck, not to mention no MIM parts, and I believe no cast parts since 2016.

I could replace all the MIM/cast in Colt Commander to bring it up to the same level as this DW, but the difference in price would make the $650 Colt more expensive and it would still be a series 80 gun and I prefer a series 70. Anyway, I remembered reading about a question about DWs a few pages back and just thought I would pass on my "first DW experience".

That looks amazing! I was gonna text you and see if you got it...kind of a rare bird as well, I don't believe I've seen that model in the wild! I dig it and I know it checks all the boxes for you...SCORE!!!

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
That looks amazing! I was gonna text you and see if you got it...kind of a rare bird as well, I don't believe I've seen that model in the wild! I dig it and I know it checks all the boxes for you...SCORE!!!
I had no idea it was produced in limited numbers until this morning. I was surfing around on the 1911 forum and found a post by the VP of DW stating 300 produced in 2017, 100 produced in 2018, none in 2019, the DW web site currently shows it "Discontinued". But I think DW might be like Arsenal......sometimes they "raise the dead", lol.