Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
There is a reason for the flat black sights... when you aim rifle or a pistol the only thing that should be in focus is the front sight post. If your sights are red or whatever you will not be as accurate, this is especially true with competition shooters, you'll never see them using anything but flat black sights. If you were to paint your sights and try to hit a intermediate ranged target 200 to 300 meters or so,you would have a very low success rate. As a matter of fact, you would have a very difficult time just zeroing at 25 meters with anything other than flat black sights. I understand the need for night sights on self defense pistols due to low light circumstances, but competition shooters will use plain black sights on there pistols as well.

I'll take your word for it, but I try to shoot pistols with both eyes open, so the image is already doubled (I shoot at the right one) so zero contrast makes it really tough. I imagine if one practiced like this a lot you'd get used to it.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Costco was a zoo.

The beagle decided all the gifts under the tree were hers to open while we were away. Luckily just bags and nothing destroyed...

And the deer in the front yard look like the after affects of an A10 strike after all the winds yesterday...