• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Wudee

Frontiersman
Kalash Klub
Jul 10, 2018
Georgia
I have to schedule a consultation with a nuerosurgeon this week if I don't improve any. A lot of anxiety about having a surgery. It's only been a few days since the epidural though, usually fine after the first day so I'm kinda worried there is some neve damage. I'll take the knife to live normally again.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I have to schedule a consultation with a nuerosurgeon this week if I don't improve any. A lot of anxiety about having a surgery. It's only been a few days since the epidural though, usually fine after the first day so I'm kinda worried there is some neve damage. I'll take the knife to live normally again.
Look out, bud. I know back pain sucks, I’ve dealt with it since I was 16 and currently have 2 herniated disks - 1 of which causes areas of my left leg to go numb (this is sometimes a good thing when playing mumblypeg left handed on a small boat in choppy seas).

But anyway, my point is that getting vertebrae fused is usually a bad idea since your body needs motion in those joints - and fusion makes the vertebrae above and below that area have to do extra work, and as we all know, extra work pisses people off.

So if you haven’t tried a good chiropractor, please do. Find someone who takes time and will teach you exercises to strengthen your core muscles to take the load off your back.

If you have already done this, and it hasn’t worked, consider amputation, or at least a lobotomy like I had. Now I’m too stupid to realize my back hurts. Ignorance is bliss.

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Wudee, sorry you're so messed up man. Nitrixman mentioned it yesterday, we had no idea.

I have a great chiropractor, but is up in my area. She's sports and performance, she doesn't really pop backs, she fixes soft tissue, etc

Of course just let me know if you're willing to make the drive

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
@Wudee I would highly suggest you not get back surgery. Literally every day I see complications from it. Not a single patient who has ever had back surgery feels better in the long run. It's either they end up getting more surgical revisions or have the same pain still. Not to mention the moderately high risk of infection.

The injections are a temporary fix, but when combined with physical therapy can have drastic results.

If you're way passed that, then I would see if they could do a micro discectomy or discectomy. A fusion or hardware would be my last choice.

I'm not a doctor but 10+ years in the field have only taught me how dumb some (or most) doctors are.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
@Wudee I would highly suggest you not get back surgery. Literally every day I see complications from it. Not a single patient who has ever had back surgery feels better in the long run. It's either they end up getting more surgical revisions or have the same pain still. Not to mention the moderately high risk of infection.

The injections are a temporary fix, but when combined with physical therapy can have drastic results.

If you're way passed that, then I would see if they could do a micro discectomy or discectomy. A fusion or hardware would be my last choice.

I'm not a doctor but 10+ years in the field have only taught me how dumb some (or most) doctors are.
One of my coworkers was saying that the success rate for fusion or hardware is under 60%. That's pretty bad.