My favorite gun store ...

American Revival Apparel Company
R

rayzer007

In the Western New York area, I have access to probably 20 gun stores that I visit in my yearly travels with my job. My favorite is the John Henrich Company Inc. in Eden NY. The wonderful, old building is from the late 1800's (as is the company itself); might have been a general store in it's day. The owner is Adam Henrich, a former Marine, who is also a gunsmith and a cattle rancher (we bought a 1/4 cow from him, and are getting another). He is one of the nicest fellows you are ever likely to come across, and loves guns. He has a great selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, ammo, holsters, etc. There are usually a few guys hanging around the store who are very knowledgeable, and always willing to offer an informed answer to my questions. I like to bring in a 10 cup box of Tim Horton's coffee to get the conversations flowing! He is only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday; but is in his busy gunsmith shop a good portion of the other times. I am going there this weekend to pick up a Chip McCormick 1911 magazine, and always look forward to my visit (about 30 minutes from home). If you ever get a chance to visit my favorite gun shop, you will surely love it as much as I do. It's worth a road trip for the pleasure of a very pleasant Saturday afternoon trip back in time to the good old days!

http://johnhenrich.com/

Ray

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Ray, sounds like a great shop. I wish there were more of those around. There is a small store near me owned by two brothers, they always have coffee and cookies. I've bought 4 guns from them and they always tell me I'm allowed in even if I don't buy a gun. I guess I always feel a little guilty fondling a new gun and not buying it. But they always know I will be back.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
My favorite does not have the ambiance, but they are a second generation dealer and gunsmith shop. Always enjoyable to visit.

Gunsmiths, locally, are a very rare commodity. You'd think there would be one on every corner with the gun sales boom.

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
I was there many moons ago. My ex-wife's parents lived in Patchin (near Boston) and had a laundry/dry cleaning business (Bluebird) in Hamburg. The website looks very different from what I remember, maybe a little remodeling. I'm talking about 30 years ago. It was a nice store. I left those cold Cheektowaga winters 27 years ago and settled in sunny FLA.. May have to take a trip up sometime and check out the old stomping grounds. Maybe a little trout fishing in Eighteen Mile Creek.

R

rayzer007

zingbee said:
I was there many moons ago. My ex-wife's parents lived in Patchin (near Boston) and had a laundry/dry cleaning business (Bluebird) in Hamburg. The website looks very different from what I remember, maybe a little remodeling. I'm talking about 30 years ago. It was a nice store. I left those cold Cheektowaga winters 27 years ago and settled in sunny FLA.. May have to take a trip up sometime and check out the old stomping grounds. Maybe a little trout fishing in Eighteen Mile Creek.

Must have been another gun shop Zingbee. This store (the firearms business I mean) has only been in existence since June 2010. The name of the company has been around (as a hardware store) for a hundred plus years or so in Buffalo till 1980. Eighteen mile Creek is still there though, and as scenic as ever! ;)
Ray

R

rayzer007

Nice place Trig! Clean, organized, displayed well.
Just like your reloading tables!!!
Ray

R

rayzer007

I went to my gun shop yesterday to grab a Chip McCormick mag for the Commander. Left 2 hours and twenty conversations later! It's a good thing the store is not closer. I 'd be one of those "townies" who hangs around the gun shop every day! :D
But they seem to like me there; I regale everyone with my Secret Service White House Detail stories from Ford's administration. I also ask for opinions on gun related matters, and everyone of course likes to be asked for their input; makes for a good learning lesson for me. Lots of knowledgeable fellows there, and a warm friendly atmosphere. It's like our club here!
Ray

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Ray, I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone about your time in the service and your other adventures.
It's like I have a personal connection with you.
Things like this make us a whole family.

R I C H G C O O P

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
My Father was thinking about getting a little 9mm derringer so we went to our favorite gun store. Well my Father didn't get one but found the store was robbed right before July fourth. I went there on July 6th on the way to the river not knowing what had happened and the gun section was closed with yellow tape and I seen the owner and asked him if I could get a box of 9's and he said he couldn't and seem really upset so I left with out asking any questions. Well this was why. He really is a great guy too. Bad things happen to good people. :(

22 guns stolen from Everything Surplus in Wooster, Ohio

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Ray, I said it was 30 years ago LOL. I do remember the name. Lot's of cool gun stores here in FLA. One of my faves is 10 mins away: A.W. Peterson in Tavares. They claim to be one of the oldest gun storse in America originating in Denver in the 1800's, moving here in the 50's. Neat old building with a lot of old gun making tools and weapons set up in a mimi museum. I've puchased many guns and accessories there and they were instrumental in me getting my concealed weapons permit. Gave me all the paperwork and helped fill it out. Great family owned place.

R

rayzer007

zingbee said:
Ray, I said it was 30 years ago LOL. I do remember the name.
I mentioned what you said about being there years back to the owner yesterday Zingbee. He said maybe you were in the building after all, as it was always an antique store, but there were always guns in it! The only way we'll find out, I guess, is if you visit again. Your place sounds nice. The family owned businesses are the best, and usually very friendly.
Ray

R

rayzer007

RICHGCOOP said:
Ray, I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone about your time in the service and your other adventures.
It's like I have a personal connection with you.
Things like this make us a whole family.
Rich it is my privilege to count you as a friend, and our little family here will grow closer and closer as time goes on.
Now a check-in from Kraigster would be just great!
Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
rayzer007 said:
Now a check-in from Kraigster would be just great!
I just got a reply to an email from Rich. He's home but not dancing just yet. I suggested that a few folks might appreciate a post from him here.