Kimber Micro 9

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
People think that it will because of the bimetal projectile. I'm not one of those people. It would take putting a shit ton of rounds down range to wear out a barrel using any ammo. I doubt that most people would ever have to worry about it. If you have that kind of money to spend on ammo that you shoot out a barrel I doubt you're worried about the cost of replacing a barrel.
I didn't realize the bullet was "bimetal" I thought it was the casing.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Exactly. I don't know anybody who shoots 40-50k rounds through any one gun. If that were the case I doubt they'd be worried about the price of replacing a barrel.

I don't mind Tula/Wolf for the indoor range or just general plinking. I know it's not gonna shoot sub-MOA groups and I don't expect it to. You're not paying for match grade ammo when you buy steel cased either though.

I'd keep in mind that if you go to train with the cheep stuff, it won't reflect how well your shooting, and will hinder you in a 3 gun comp. hitting targets ( ask me how I know...) So for the few extra few bucks, I'll buy the brass stuff.

And I have know of one guy who has replaced his barrel, after about 30,000 rounds. My rifle has about 15k on it, and still shoots very well. I did bring a new upper up here, but have not had a chance to fire it yet on the range.

And that reminds me of one last thing... My G21SF LOVES the Tula .45 acp steel cased ammo, but hates the Winchester White box stuff.