Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@Rwjeter did you see the new Kimber Micro 9 models they just released? I like this Covert model...

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-17-18-04-40.jpg

I like this new Aegis 1911 with the Vortex Venom on it too. It comes in 9 and .45 but I'd go with the 9...

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-17-18-07-03.jpg

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
That Aegis is SEXY!!!!

Three of my 1911s...Yeah, they're all 9mmP

Top one with Stag grips is a Federal-Ordinance Aluminum frame from the 70's, Commander length. Someone built this thing out of unknown parts, then it changed hands probably a few times before I bought it on GB 10 years ago. Had to replace all of the internals, safeties, and trigger because the Dremel Fairy had gotten loose in there.

Below that is a Colt Commander (aluminum frame) in wood grips. All original

Right side is my Colt Government Series 70. All original, except for the grips, which are WWII Keys.

Naturally, when I head to the range to shoot I grab the Fed-Ord, it works the best of all of them (NOW)

The 1911s I have that are NOT pictured are my 5" Rock Island 9mmP (works perfectly), and my SIGARMS GSR, first gen (has the "manhole cover" on the side of the slide for the Series 80 FP safety)

The SIG is my only remaining .45ACP, and that thing is so accurate I can damned near write my name with it. But I really wouldn't want to trust my life to it...it's been back to SIG for problems too many times (5)

IMG_1788.JPG

What boggles my mind is WHY people fawn all over Colt. Of all of the guns I own, theirs are NEVER in my top group of reliable/accurate/fun to shoot. Yet I know guys that say "If it ain't a Colt, I don't want it!"
OK, whatever.

Last edited:

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I had a COLT 1991 A1 (if you’ve seen one of these billboard guns you get why I did that) that the previous owner put a 6” match barrel on. That was the most accurate handgun I’ve ever shot. But it would have a FTF if I loaded the mag past 6 rounds.

H

Hoss

I was in a shop today and they had a Kimber Solo for dirt cheap. I handled it then Googled it and realized why this $700 gun was only $299. The clerk told me about the Micro 9 and how it had replaced the Solo-disaster. I like the look and feel of it up to the point where I realized it was a tiny 1911 SAO. Great concept 100 years ago but 100% irrelevant in a modern firearm. Maybe they come out with a new and improved Mosin Nagant with the same controls but a flashy net finish.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I was in a shop today and they had a Kimber Solo for dirt cheap. I handled it then Googled it and realized why this $700 gun was only $299. The clerk told me about the Micro 9 and how it had replaced the Solo-disaster. I like the look and feel of it up to the point where I realized it was a tiny 1911 SAO. Great concept 100 years ago but 100% irrelevant in a modern firearm. Maybe they come out with a new and improved Mosin Nagant with the same controls but a flashy net finish.

Where was this $299 Solo you speak of?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That's what I'm saying?

I'd be all over that thing. With a new recoil spring they will cycle target loads and then swap the original spring back in for your carry loads. That's what everyone I know with a Solo does...well, everyone who knows what they're doing anyways.

Reactions: FatAlbert

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I'd be all over that thing. With a new recoil spring they will cycle target loads and then swap the original spring back in for your carry loads. That's what everyone I know with a Solo does...well, everyone who knows what they're doing anyways.
I would probably just put a couple hundred rounds of +P's through it to make sure it's reliable, then just hang on to it for a pocket gun.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I fell off the trade-bait wagon a few years ago. I only buy stuff I want and might actually use now
Same here, but I still can't pass up a really good deal. Hell I'll even buy a Taurus if the price is right.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Thank ya sir! Hopefully they still have it on Monday. :yo:

Now I gotta run down there and grab it today...and I already have a full day planned. Thanks a lot! :wink:

Just called them, it's $399, not $299, has the box. Dude seemed annoyed I was asking questions about it. Customer Service is dead.

@Jake , it's all yours. I was seriously tempted since I collect aluminum-framed 9mmP pistols...but I gotta stop the madness.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Now I gotta run down there and grab it today...and I already have a full day planned. Thanks a lot! :wink:

Just called them, it's $399, not $299, has the box. Dude seemed annoyed I was asking questions about it. Customer Service is dead.

@Jake , it's all yours. I was seriously tempted since I collect aluminum-framed 9mmP pistols...but I gotta stop the madness.

Yeah, for $399 I'm good. Thanks for saving me a trip down there. :yo:

Reactions: Axeman

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Yeah, for $399 I'm good. Thanks for saving me a trip down there. :yo:
@Hoss struggles sometimes with this fancy new numbering system. He’s still using mud on the wall of his hut.