GA Firing Line

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. For years I argued against Glocks. I handled/shot a Glock 19 today and I get it. For a general purpose carry gun I think it is about perfect with a "-" disconnected. I prefer the full size M&P 9 over the 17 but the 19 is better overall than the M&P 9c. I think the M&Pwill still be my primary gun but I might pick up a G19 as another option.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. For years I argued against Glocks. I handled/shot a Glock 19 today and I get it. For a general purpose carry gun I think it is about perfect with a "-" disconnected. I prefer the full size M&P 9 over the 17 but the 19 is better overall than the M&P 9c. I think the M&Pwill still be my primary gun but I might pick up a G19 as another option.

You just shot your first G19? That's almost unbelievable.

Reactions: Strider12

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
When I was looking for a compact I was torn with this too. I usually dislike Glocks but the Glock 19 stands out when it comes to compacts. As for full-sized pistols I would much rather have an M&P, HK, or and FN.

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
When I was looking for a compact I was torn with this too. I usually dislike Glocks but the Glock 19 stands out when it comes to compacts. As for full-sized pistols I would much rather have an M&P, HK, or and FN.

If the M&P9c has the same capacity as the G19 it'd be more difficult to choose.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Then why the past animosity towards Glock? I've got next to no experience with HKs, so I stay pretty silent on them.

It was 90% because of the blind devotion of the Glocktard. I still have issues with the gun;the grip angle and ergonomics come to mind. The only reason the gen 4 has backstraps is because block couldn't deny it needed them any longer. Glock just rode its own coat tails and only made a slight change when it absolutely couldn't hold out any longer...not to mention they way it very very quietly fixes problems with its "Perfection" and nearly denies there are any problems at all.

Reactions: DarthVader

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
It was 90% because of the blind devotion of the Glocktard. I still have issues with the gun;the grip angle and ergonomics come to mind. The only reason the gen 4 has backstraps is because block couldn't deny it needed them any longer. Glock just rode its own coat tails and only made a slight change when it absolutely couldn't hold out any longer...not to mention they way it very very quietly fixes problems with its "Perfection" and nearly denies there are any problems at all.

If I let the tards that like certain guns keep me away from them I would have to give up guns all together. People as a general rule are stupid. So is bashing a gun you had never fired or owned.

I bash the hell out of Springfield and HK, but I have owned many of both.

I've owned a bunch if sigs and berettas too, and I don't really care for them personally but I don't hate them like I do Springfield and HK.

Springfield I just hate the company, actually love most of their guns. HK is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I sold my G19 about a year ago... Or otherwise I'd let you borrow it for a side by side test vs the S&W... I have a G30 in .45 acp if you want to shoot it... As a matter of fact I had to pull it out tonight b/c of some shady shit at my work parking lot.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
You are welcome to try mine. Mine is a 23 but I have it converted to 9mm at the moment.