EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
@Hayata ...

Glad i didn't get the booth space at the Forsythia Festival. Saw one guy with cutting boards/ trays. Just plain wood, nothing fancy. $125 large boards, $35 to 40 smaller boards.

End of the day he still had every one of them on his table.

And that's why they didn't let you get a table there... I'm sure you would have sold a lot of your super nice serving trays.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@Hayata ...

Glad i didn't get the booth space at the Forsythia Festival. Saw one guy with cutting boards/ trays. Just plain wood, nothing fancy. $125 large boards, $35 to 40 smaller boards.

Maybe they were TOOOOO plain
Could be too plain, but the fact that he sold nothing all day sounds like the crowd is either tight-fisted or looking for other type stuff.

@dial1911, did you notice other things selling? Is his price range acceptable to you for your much nicer work? (Or do you think people there would pay up for it?) If not, my experience (though over a decade old now) is that the show isn't your target market.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
@Hayata ...

Two weeks ago at Dunwoody it was like folks walked into the festival with wads of cash in their hands looking for an excuse to give it to someone. I am NOT exaggerating. In the least bit. Mother's Day weekend HELPS!

Today at Duluth folks were walking in with beers in their hands and a clamp on the wallet. But what we had today was typical for Duluth. Not a lot of big spenders. Lots of folks enjoying the day, just not spending a ton o' money.

Some festivals are just better than others. Sometimes it's the phase of the moon. You just never know. Gotta take the good with the bad. One thing's for sure, couldn't have ordered up better weather if we had tried.