Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Blackberry, apricot, strawberry, plum. Suz doesn't care for fig, but I do. Figgiestraw sounds like something I'd go for. Apple butter.
I LOVE apricot jam. I've tried growing apricots in GA for 10 years. Planted 3 trees, 2 died. Last one blooms prolifically, but late frost always kills the flowers. Never got a single fruit off it. Same with almond.
Our 100% blackberry jam is actually jelly. We run berries thru sttainer to take the seeds out, keep juice and skins.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I LOVE apricot jam. I've tried growing apricots in GA for 10 years. Planted 3 trees, 2 died. Last one blooms prolifically, but late frost always kills the flowers. Never got a single fruit off it. Same with almond.
Our 100% blackberry jam is actually jelly. We run berries thru sttainer to take the seeds out, keep juice and skins.

Glad to hear that you strain out the seeds... i hate getting those stuck in my teeth.

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
Thinking about planting more berries and fruit trees this fall. Going semi-commercial with home made jams, etc.
What's y'all and your kids, wives favorite jams?
Figs
Blueberries
Raspberries
Pear preservers

Speaking of canning...
I have a stock pile of quart jars if you need them, they're yours.

My mom can't handle quart canning anymore and I'm all about them pints and smaller myself.
I also have a big cooker with basket for quarts that mom wanted gone.