Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Darkgiggles

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Dallas , Ga
Looking for somewhere to fish thats good up in/or around Cartersville , Ga...it would be nice if someone had some land that they wouldnt mind if me and my family went on , daughter is getting old enough to go , you know no harm in asking....thnx

Reactions: Mac11FA

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
My wife and I want to go fish more often, We never have much luck from the shore and cannot afford a boat right now. We were thinking of picking up a couple of fishing kayaks. They would mostly be used on Acworth lake and Carters Lake.

So folks that know much about fishing from a kayak tell me what you think and any pointers you may have?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Fishing from a kayak is fun and challenging. It requires concentration on balance when you are casting. Kayaks will allow you to get into places you may not even be able to get into in a regular boat. The best thing to do is prep for the area you are fishing in and only carry as much gear as you need. Pack a small plastic box with lures, a couple of rods with snap swivels and any other gear you will need. Also make sure everything floats that you don't want to lose in case you tip over. Always cast toward the bow or stern never directly to either side as you will have better stability. Don't forget to bring a stringer!

Aug 8, 2015
Acworth, GA
I just recently got into kayak fishing and I'm loving it. The one thing when casting is, be careful not to hit any rods that are stored in any rod holders behind the seat depending on the kayak.

Reactions: Patryn

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I just recently got into kayak fishing and I'm loving it. The one thing when casting is, be careful not to hit any rods that are stored in any rod holders behind the seat depending on the kayak.

I like your Kayak setup. To further add to this...be careful about bunging anything to the side...up to and including rods.....if they slide out because your friend is trying to grab your kayak....you may lose a very nice pole. (this did happen to me).

But Kayak fishing is the bomb, every nice in the etowah with high rain.

Reactions: armedplinkster89
Aug 8, 2015
Acworth, GA
I like your Kayak setup. To further add to this...be careful about bunging anything to the side...up to and including rods.....if they slide out because your friend is trying to grab your kayak....you may lose a very nice pole. (this did happen to me).

But Kayak fishing is the bomb, every nice in the etowah with high rain.
Yep. I've heard with kayaks you rig to flip. Just in case something happens and you don't lose anything.

Reactions: Patryn

Darkgiggles

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Dallas , Ga
Headed to Lake Hartwell in NE GA for the weekend to go bass fishing (hopefully) and ill see yall on monday maybe with some pictures of my catch...Cmon good luck patch !!!! lol

Darkgiggles

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Dallas , Ga
Well here's the store of my lovely daughters first fish...casting out she looks at me and says i did it...she was talking about casting but didnt know she had hooked a fish during all this ....LOL ...pics of her and the fish IMAG0172.jpg

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Put it under the Hull, it will work a lot better! Or better yet weight it down and suspend 5ft down.