Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
It seems as if the Federal Government and most Law Enforcement Agencies are dumping .40, .45, and 10mm in favor of 9mm. I was reading the Keefe Report in my December issue of American Rifleman and thought I would share. I have noticed that decent 9mm 147 gr ammo prices have been climbing and this could be why! Please give the article a read!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...efe-report-marine-raiders-throw-45-overboard/

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think more people are starting to realize that a larger caliber doesn't make up for poor shot placement and that with proper placement 9mm is plenty effective.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I think more people are starting to realize that a larger caliber doesn't make up for poor shot placement and that with proper placement 9mm is plenty effective.
It has more to do with 9mm round evolving to be more effective. The ammo manufacturers have really worked on developing 9mm performance.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
It has more to do with 9mm round evolving to be more effective. The ammo manufacturers have really worked on developing 9mm performance.

Also, I think capacity is a concern for them as well. The difference between .40 and 9mm is insignificant when you're talking modern loadings for both calibers.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Mac11FA