Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Went out today and spent a little time on the range with a buddy and my recently set up Socom II.

Gun is a Socom II with VLTOR mod stock, VLTOR Socom II rail system, and an Aimpoint PRO in low mount. Gun wears a Great Lakes Tactical 5/8x24 threaded gas lock and an AAC Cyclone 7.62 suppressor. Rifle is also equipped with a Hook Boutin gas plug setup to reduce gas pressure in the gas system.

Shot it with the gas off and on. Recoil is pretty much non existent with this setup, especially with the gas on. Of course there was a ton of gas blowback so I suppose I will be ordering a gas deflector later this week.

Honestly though, I enjoyed shooting the rifle as a straight pull bolt action more since it is so much quieter.

I know a lot of people don't suppress M14 clones, so I wanted to try it.

Anyway, here is a picture and some videos.

20150416_191623_zpsdaq7ftca.jpg

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Looks like it worked really well. Just being able to shoot without ear protection makes silencing worth it. I especially enjoyed the echoing sonic crack.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Looks like it worked really well. Just being able to shoot without ear protection makes silencing worth it. I especially enjoyed the echoing sonic crack.

Yeah, today was perfect for it since the rain kept everyone away and we had the range to ourselves. Love being able to shoot without ear protection.

I know a ton of guys don't like shooting supersonic suppressed, but I actually prefer it. I love listening to the sonic Crack traveling down range followed by a "thwack!"

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Nothing wrong shooting supers suppressed. I bought a dedicated can for my AR15. I had a little buyer's remorse until I actually got to shoot it! Now, if I could only find a threaded barrel for my AMT automag II.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's pretty slick. Now you just need to cerakote it zombie green. :thumbsup:

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Found a smoking deal on a Troy MCS. Looks like the VLTOR is going bye bye. Think I can sell the VLTOR for more than I am paying for the Troy. :thumb:

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Before you swap em out... check out some reviews...

Yeah, the MCS actually weighs less than the VLTOR setup I have now, so I'm not too worried about the weight. I paid for the MCS a few hours ago. Hope to have it by this weekend. I have the VLTOR stuff listed on three different forums now.