Spikes Kraken

Howard Law

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
Hey, you guys do remember when Spikes more than doubled the cost of their lowers right after the election years ago, right? Like, overnight. Straight up Cheaper than Dirt tactics.
To this day I won't buy anything from them because when I asked why the increase they told me cost of materials went up ...... had they said "we are being capitalists and think we can make money off scare buying" I would have accepted that

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Let's just see if their prices don't go up if Hillary is elected. If they don't....:brick::confused2::der::smash:

They've already established a reputation, now they have to live with it. You don't get to try to take the high road and invite others that always have, after wallowing in the mud.

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me. I'll never buy another part, piece or rifle from them.

Reactions: DarthVader

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I guarantee you that Spikes increased their prices because Aero Precision did. Not sure if Aero is still their supplier but they were. If your supplier jacks up prices you have some price adjusting to do.

Reactions: dougiemac

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I guarantee you that Spikes increased their prices because Aero Precision did. Not sure if Aero is still their supplier but they were. If your supplier jacks up prices you have some price adjusting to do.
Bull. The cost of their inventory on hand did not increase overnight. The price literally doubled the day after the election. And the supplier they blamed it on called their bluff, publicly stating that there had been no change on the supply side.

DoglegArms

Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Bull. The cost of their inventory on hand did not increase overnight. The price literally doubled the day after the election. And the supplier they blamed it on called their bluff, publicly stating that there had been no change on the supply side.

Aero raised their prices and cancelled pre-existing dealer orders. I don't get my info from arfcom either. It's nothing short of negligence to ignore what your supplier is doing and adjust your business model accordingly. Especially if you have payroll to meet for your employees. Half the shit people bitch about if the gun industry is an ounce of truth rolled up in bullshit drama. That's why arfcom is such a joke.

Reactions: DMR and dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Aero raised their prices and cancelled pre-existing dealer orders. I don't get my info from arfcom either. It's nothing short of negligence to ignore what your supplier is doing and adjust your business model accordingly. Especially if you have payroll to meet for your employees. Half the shit people bitch about if the gun industry is an ounce of truth rolled up in bullshit drama. That's why arfcom is such a joke.

this is true...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I haven't been on arfcom in YEARS. Spikes raised their prices on standing inventory in '08 because they wanted to. I don't recall if it was Aero or not at the time, but their supplier made it clear that they had not raised prices and certainly had not doubled them. This was long before the days of $50-80 lowers. Going rate back then was more like $125+ and Spikes went to North of $200 or $250 the next day. They got called out and it was clear that it was no one's decision but theirs.

No other respectable manufacturer in the industry raised prices based on panic buying. Hell, BCM has never raised prices as a result of a buying panic. And we've had at least three panics over the last seven years.

And if we want to get down to brass tacks, that was just one of many occasions where the owner has shown himself to be an ass.

Reactions: DMR

DoglegArms

Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I haven't been on arfcom in YEARS. Spikes raised their prices on standing inventory in '08 because they wanted to. I don't recall if it was Aero or not at the time, but their supplier made it clear that they had not raised prices and certainly had not doubled them. This was long before the days of $50-80 lowers. Going rate back then was more like $125+ and Spikes went to North of $200 or $250 the next day. They got called out and it was clear that it was no one's decision but theirs.

No other respectable manufacturer in the industry raised prices based on panic buying. Hell, BCM has never raised prices as a result of a buying panic. And we've had at least three panics over the last seven years.

And if we want to get down to brass tacks, that was just one of many occasions where the owner has shown himself to be an ass.
I wasn't implying you were an barfcommerI have respect for you. arfcom has good info when you weed through the drama.

You obviously view the situation differently than I do. I'm familiar with the situation and not arguing the timeline of events. As a business I have to set my own margins based on what my business model is not any others. It's always for maximum profit as it is in every retail business.

API is doing variance lowers for Spikes, that takes time for the ATF paperwork.
I'm sure Spikes has a production calendar laid out for the next few years.
API can deny it all they want. They cancelled pre-existing orders and jacked up prices at that time and pissed off a lot of dealers. It's a commonly talked about in dealer forums.

Spikes is a good company. I don't know who the owner is but they've been good to me and to many other small dealers I know. On the other hand, API has blatantly lied to me in emails about how they manf lowers.

Edit: And no this isn't @dougiemac using my account.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I wasn't implying you were an barfcommerI have respect for you. arfcom has good info when you weed through the drama.

You obviously view the situation differently than I do. I'm familiar with the situation and not arguing the timeline of events. As a business I have to set my own margins based on what my business model is not any others. It's always for maximum profit as it is in every retail business.

API is doing variance lowers for Spikes, that takes time for the ATF paperwork.
I'm sure Spikes has a production calendar laid out for the next few years.
API can deny it all they want. They cancelled pre-existing orders and jacked up prices at that time and pissed off a lot of dealers. It's a commonly talked about in dealer forums.

Spikes is a good company. I don't know who the owner is but they've been good to me and to many other small dealers I know. On the other hand, API has blatantly lied to me in emails about how they manf lowers.

Edit: And no this isn't @dougiemac using my account.

That last part was pretty damn funny! And I don't doubt that Aero cancelled orders. I understand that. I'm definitely not defending API. The issue was that on Tuesday, Spikes had lowers in stock at a certain price and Wednesday morning they were a different price. Obviously, Spikes cost on future orders would rise as a result of APIs decision. But that didn't change the cost of what was sitting in inventory.

API made lowers for alot of folks. Spikes was the only one that raised prices 100%. The stated reason was misleading at best and outright dishonest at worst. People's objections were as much about the dishonesty as they were the price increase.

With that being said, it does appear that Spikes is popular with smaller dealers and if you've had good experience with them, I believe you 100%.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
We haven't even touched on the Spikes shill account on barfcom that was used to try to trash PSA when they showed up on the scene and began kicking that ST ass.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I am kind of split on the Big Ern McKraken logo but I'm betting that it's a multi-caliber AR system vs. a new lower roll mark. Actually it may be both but I doubt they'll sell the lowers stripped with the design. The caliber changeout trend is in full force.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
We haven't even touched on the Spikes shill account on barfcom that was used to try to trash PSA when they showed up on the scene and began kicking that ST ass.

It wasn't a shill account. It was the owners well known and established account. He never tried to hide who he was.

Reactions: Strider12

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
It wasn't a shill account. It was the owners well known and established account. He never tried to hide who he was.
That's not really any better. But I do remember way back in the day when "badassar15" (spelling?) did actually shill on ar15.com, pretending to be a happy customer of a little known shop down in Florida, called Spikes Tactical.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Crusader looks good. I like that shield.

5776bd77f7c6971134d3f05fbcc8ce67.jpg

9d5e0096fea3a1d21c59f7272c53aa72.jpg

98a0afd8b5afbf1d7ea54cc2c3a32ff8.jpg