Should Pete rose be reinstated?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Hell no. A cheater is a cheater. There's no statute of limitations on suffering the consequences of your actions. He chose the ban to avoid having the evidence released publicy

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Hell yes. As a boy that was born and raised in the Cincinnati area, Pete Rose was a childhood hero. He absolutely never cheated and earned his nickname Charlie Hustle for a reason. He played harder than anyone else. He never took PED's and has more hits than anyone will probably ever hit in a lifetime. Based on his merits on the field, he absolutely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Hell, Ty Cobb was a racist who once beat and stomped a heckler in the stands with his cleats, and confessed to murdering a man in Detroit on his deathbed, yet he still sits in Cooperstown. Give me a fucking break.

Reactions: Michael Haase

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
Hell yes. As a boy that was born and raised in the Cincinnati area, Pete Rose was a childhood hero. He absolutely never cheated and earned his nickname Charlie Hustle for a reason. He played harder than anyone else. He never took PED's and has more hits than anyone will probably ever hit in a lifetime. Based on his merits on the field, he absolutely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Hell, Ty Cobb was a racist who once beat and stomped a heckler in the stands with his cleats, and confessed to murdering a man in Detroit on his deathbed, yet he still sits in Cooperstown. Give me a fucking break.
I agree. His accomplishments on the field are undeniable. If I was commissioner I'd reinstate him immediately.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
He absolutely never cheated...
Seriously? You mean as a player? Because surely you don't see betting against the team you are managing as "not cheating". All the Pete Rose fanboys will say he only bet on them to win, but the evidence is clear to the contrary and that's why he chose the ban. He didn't want the truth to come out.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If he is reinstated willy will punch them square in the nuts
You punch square in the dick.

Seriously though guys, vote for Hilary and then when she takes office you can convince her to grant Pete amnesty.
I'd say maybe if he was willing to come forward, allow all the evidence to be made public and deal with it like a man, then fine, maybe he should be reinstated. But as it stands, he got what he wanted.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Seriously? You mean as a player? Because surely you don't see betting against the team you are managing as "not cheating". All the Pete Rose fanboys will say he only bet on them to win, but the evidence is clear to the contrary and that's why he chose the ban. He didn't want the truth to come out.

Pete placed his bets at a small pool hall and tavern in a very tiny town that I grew up in Franklin, OH. So people knew he frequented there. The IRS agent that took down Pete was the chief of security for a company I worked for 10 years after he retired from the IRS. Leo Rolfes was his name and he told me some great stories about the evidence, people that turned on Pete to save their own ass, etc.

And you said he chose to be banned than to have all the evidence come out... well it has come out. He chose the ban because he felt he disgraced the sport he loved passionately more than anything else in his life.

And cheating? It would be cheating if he won his bets. Pete was a horrible gambler who lost more than he bet. Gamblers never win in the end because they can't stop. And Pete was no different. Pete lost more than he ever won and he didn't need to gamble for the money, he did it for the adrenaline. That's why all problem gamblers do it. Not for the money.

I've spent time with Pete. The employer I mentioned above, the owner was good friends with Pete among other Cincinnati area sports stars. Pete often came in and hung out, ate lunch with us and signed balls and bats. I have a few at home still. I was fortunate enough to be the guy that got to pick him up from the airport when he'd fly in. He was crass, foul mouthed, perverted and ornery, but he loved the game and still loves it more than anyone I could imagine.

H

Hoss

That's blasphemy and you sir are going to hell.
19498c554cd7b33edb963b337e38cba8.jpg

bal_tan12

Scout
Apr 30, 2015
US
You are stupid. He didn't cheat. He bet on his own team. If he was betting against his team then he might throw a game but betting on them to win, how do you cheat at that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
I've spent time with Pete. The employer I mentioned above, the owner was good friends with Pete among other Cincinnati area sports stars. Pete often came in and hung out, ate lunch with us and signed balls and bats. I have a few at home still. I was fortunate enough to be the guy that got to pick him up from the airport when he'd fly in. He was crass, foul mouthed, perverted and ornery, but he loved the game and still loves it more than anyone I could imagine.

Perfect SET material....

Last edited:

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
You punch square in the dick.

Seriously though guys, vote for Hilary and then when she takes office you can convince her to grant Pete amnesty.
I'd say maybe if he was willing to come forward, allow all the evidence to be made public and deal with it like a man, then fine, maybe he should be reinstated. But as it stands, he got what he wanted.

Actually I prefer to use my foot because it has a shoe on it.....I'm good hitting either or, its gonna hurt em.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
You are stupid. He didn't cheat. He bet on his own team. If he was betting against his team then he might throw a game but betting on them to win, how do you cheat at that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
He did bet against his own team.

And beginning your argument with "you are stupid" rarely ever helps you make your case.