Shooting at Navy center

Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I do believe that Jihad is here... on American soil. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's here and it will only become progressively worse and more prevalent. I'm always in Condition Yellow, but lately I'm nearly getting into Condition Orange.

Reactions: DarthVader

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah, but that's kind of like walking up to somebody holding their dead loved one in their arms and saying " why are you so upset? This is statistically insignificant. Most of us lived through the day".
Yeah, except this is the internet, and it's a news story about people that aren't dead loved ones..aside from that it's exactly the same.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Neither is saying that someone is fucking retarded as your first comment out of the gate. you could probably see how that affected the tenor of my reply.

Certainly and I don't condone that...that's obvious. However picking a fight about fallen Marines with a wounded Marine Veteran isn't a smart thing to do. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Certainly and I don't condone that...that's obvious. However picking a fight about fallen Marines with a wounded Marine Veteran isn't a smart thing to do. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Where the fuck did I pick a fight about dead marines? It's awful that they died..it's awful when anyone dies, my point is that ISIS has not won. This is not a dangerous place to live. They haven't affected out way of life in any meaningful way. 4 dead is a tragedy, no matter who it is, but it won't cripple the populace.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It might not be to you but to a Marine, it's very personal.
Well in that case I apologize for any hurt feelings. My comments were strictly intended to point out the statistical irrelevance of ISIS' attacks. That's it...that's all it was. For fucks sake.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Well in that case I apologize for any hurt feelings. My comments were strictly intended to point out the statistical irrelevance of ISIS' attacks. That's it...that's all it was. For fucks sake.

Wow...sincerity at it's finest.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Where the fuck did I pick a fight about dead marines? It's awful that they died..it's awful when anyone dies, my point is that ISIS has not won. This is not a dangerous place to live. They haven't affected out way of life in any meaningful way. 4 dead is a tragedy, no matter who it is, but it won't cripple the populace.

Relax bro... I'm stating the way it was perceived. Plus I've not once raised my voice and cursed at you over this, so ease her down a bit.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Relax bro... I'm stating the way it was perceived.
It was perceived that way because he twisted my statement and presented a strawman. It's hard to defend yourself for comments you didn't make.
Any adult would have understood my comment. The number of people killed is statistically irrelevant. If mother teresa dies, her death is statistically not important...that doesn't mean she wasn't a wonderful person. This isnt' that hard to comprehend.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
It was perceived that way because he twisted my statement and presented a strawman. It's hard to defend yourself for comments you didn't make.
Any adult would have understood my comment. The number of people killed is statistically irrelevant. If mother teresa dies, her death is statistically not important...that doesn't mean she wasn't a wonderful person. This isnt' that hard to comprehend.

Okay that is possible. However it was perceived by myself and I would venture to say by others, that you were marginalizing the deaths of unarmed Marines and speaking condescendingly in your retorts (i.e. "First grade stats class is over.First grade stats class is over.")

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Statistical significance is irrelevant emotional significance relevance is what matters and I'm pretty sure this thread proves just that point. Same reason its so much easier to get an AR 15 banned then a Mini 14. Its not logical but logic does not dictate emotions even though the reverse is sometimes true.

Reactions: Blackrifler42

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Okay that is possible. However it was perceived by myself and I would venture to say by others, that you were marginalizing the deaths of unarmed Marines and speaking condescendingly in your retorts (i.e. "First grade stats class is over.First grade stats class is over.")
I even gave an example of what I was talking about using illustrations, lol. The only way my comments could have been misunderstood is if someone were extremely emotional and not reading the entire post, or they were looking for a fight.
My positions are fairly well known. I'm not one that likes violence or death of anyone..even convicted murderers, and especially the innocent.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I even gave an example of what I was talking about using illustrations, lol. The only way my comments could have been misunderstood is if someone were extremely emotional and not reading the entire post, or they were looking for a fight.
My positions are fairly well known. I'm not one that likes violence or death of anyone..even convicted murderers, and especially the innocent.

Well I was neither overly emotional or looking for a fight and I picked up that tone. Whatever, water under the bridge... move along.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Statistical significance is irrelevant emotional significance relevance is what matters and I'm pretty sure this thread proves just that point. Same reason its so much easier to get an AR 15 banned then a Mini 14. Its not logical but logic does not dictate emotions even though the reverse is sometimes true.
I kind of hoped we were all beyond that. Again my point was and is, ISIS has claimed some huge victory and lightning has killed 4x more people in the US than those fuckers.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
f
Well I was neither overly emotional or looking for a fight and I picked up that tone. Whatever, water under the bridge... move along.
My tone was most likely directed at the accusation that I was a "fucking retard".

Pure class.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I kind of hoped we were all beyond that. Again my point was and is, ISIS has claimed some huge victory and lightning has killed 4x more people in the US than those fuckers.
It just dont matter, one evokes much more emotion than the other and you know that, I'm sure you even feel it albeit maybe not as much as some others.