• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
So its wrong to have target markets and to put toys together with other toys that marketing studies show to be complimentary. Got it.

I don't think anyone is saying not to group certain toys together. It's calling some toys "boy toys" or "girl toys". Why not put all the building sets together regardless of the color of the blocks?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
So its wrong to have target markets and to put toys together with other toys that marketing studies show to be complimentary. Got it.
If a store wants to separate for marketing, then fine.

If not, then fine.

Neither offends me, and i can't understand why it may offend others

Hell im not offended if bras are sold next to my jeans. The non separation may make shopping more disorganized, but I wouldn't feel wronged.

Some families may now be inconvenienced at target to walk down more aisles than before. Oh the terror.

Reactions: sam

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I suppose it's the same metric used to funnel girls into home economics, elementary education, and boys into science, math and engineering. They just seem to "like" it more. Naw, I'm totally about eliminating that outdated, useless, system that completely truncates the potential and imagination of kids..or even adults.
Those marketing studies are self perpetuating.
What's your most effective fishing lure? Probably the one you use the most.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think anyone is saying not to group certain toys together. It's calling some toys "boy toys" or "girl toys". Why not put all the building sets together regardless of the color of the blocks?
Right, that's pretty sensible.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Are you fucking serious? You would put the inferior mega bloks in the same aisle as Legos? You sick bastard.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I suppose it's the same metric used to funnel girls into home economics, elementary education, and boys into science, math and engineering. They just seem to "like" it more. Naw, I'm totally about eliminating that outdated, useless, system that completely truncates the potential and imagination of kids..or even adults.
Yes home Econ is what's really stopping girls from success, for example, they now are the majority in college education.

Sorry, this idea That women are still restricting career choices by classically held gender ideals is stupid. They are choosing their own paths now. I swear some groups will ride the feminist wave for popularity to the extreme

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Are you fucking serious? You would put the inferior mega bloks in the same aisle as Legos? You sick bastard.
yes, because I dont want my infant playing with Legos, now when he knows not to eat them its Lego or GTFO

dont get me started on the erector sets either

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yes home Econ is what's really stopping girls from success, for example, they now are the majority in college education.

Sorry, this idea That women are still restricting career choices by classically held gender ideals is stupid. They are choosing their own paths now. I swear some groups will ride the feminist wave for popularity to the extreme

hell, I think everyone should take Home Ec. I took it in middle school and I loved it, I got to make and eat fucking brownies and cakes.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I kind of thought the same thing until I had a high school student...even in left leaning Decatur. They are choosing their own paths, but there are some that are strongly encouraged over others...based entirely on gender. It's a hurdle that doesn't need to exist.

H

Hoss

If a store wants to separate for marketing, then fine.

If not, then fine.

Neither offends me, and i can't understand why it may offend others

Hell im not offended if bras are sold next to my jeans. The non separation may make shopping more disorganized, but I wouldn't feel wronged.

Some families may now be inconvenienced at target to walk down more aisles than before. Oh the terror.
Rest assured I'm in no way offended. I just have to look at it and laugh. The signage is to help people find the section they are looking form if everything is jumbled together it makes it quite difficult, especially in a large store.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I kind of thought the same thing until I had a high school student...even in left leaning Decatur. They are choosing their own paths, but there are some that are strongly encouraged over others...based entirely on gender. It's a hurdle that doesn't need to exist.
Well in almost all higher education, with the exception for some Stem areas, they are dominating the classrooms. Just like all other people they are feeling the pressures from people who believe they ought to go into certain subjects. I had forces pushing me when deciding between out of state school that was ranked much higher and UGA. This is life, you learn to deal with and have a sense of self. If we keep acting like the red carpet has to be rolled out for women to walk into new fields were going to simple be redefining gender roles, and continuing to reduce male participation in higher education.

It's a huge over correction. We're taking the group(males), who are 9 times more likely to be incarcerated and 3 times more likely to commit suicide than women, and telling them that their education and participation is valued less.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Rest assured I'm in no way offended. I just have to look at it and laugh. The signage is to help people find the section they are looking form if everything is jumbled together it makes it quite difficult, especially in a large store.
We won't be shopping in large stores much longer anyway.

Reactions: Hoss

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
My GI Joe always seemed to want tp play with barbie. Now they want to prolly play with themselves cause of gender identity issues.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Labeling things by gender for personal care products is fine, makes finding what I need easier. Toys I understand removing the labels.

gotta watch out for those Nair prducts huh?

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

I took home economics in school,thats where the girls were.