Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Just found out that Innovative Arms offers a service where they will machine dovetails in the slide of your LCP(LCP, LCP II, Taurus TCP, and Keltec P3AT and P32) for night sights. It pretty affordable too. About the same price as replacing sights with night sights on any other pistol. It looks like they aren't taking any more work orders until June but I think I'm gonna have it done to my LCP II once they start taking more work orders.

https://www.innovativearms.com/portfolio/sight-upgrade/

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Hey, that might make the LCP useful. Not just night sights, but having actual sights too.

The LCP Custom has actual sights. The LCP II has better sights than the original LCP but could still use some improvement. I haven't had any issues with my LCP II since I painted the front sight red but it would be better with actual sights.

20180508_124520.jpg

20180508_124456.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Hey, that might make the LCP useful. Not just night sights, but having actual sights too.

Also, that's why I've been holding out hope that Ruger will make an LCP II Custom. I don't mind the trigger on my LCP II, but I would like actual sights. The LCP Custom had upgraded sights and a better factory trigger. I guess I'll have to make my own LCP II Custom.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I put White nail polish on mine front and rear

How has it held up for you? I tried nail polish and it flaked off after about two weeks. I used a red paint marker and it's been on there for about a year now with no issues.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I like that it’s an option but for what a LCP is I never felt the sights were an issue since it’s basically a “belly gun”. maybe with the better trigger and real sights it could be more but the LCP I had still wouldn’t have been very accurate even with better sights

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I like that it’s an option but for what a LCP is I never felt the sights were an issue since it’s basically a “belly gun”. maybe with the better trigger and real sights it could be more but the LCP I had still wouldn’t have been very accurate even with better sights

I was ringing steel with my LCP II consistently at 50yds with the box of HST's that I put through it at the IV8888 shoot. Didn't you shoot it at the 50yd silhouette targets with me?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I was ringing steel with my LCP II consistently at 50yds with the box of HST's that I put through it at the IV8888 shoot. Didn't you shoot it at the 50yd silhouette targets with me?
I shot it. But not at 50. I had the first gen LCP with the garbage trigger. The LCP 2 may benefit from the better sights but the first gens trigger was too bad I think to benefit from Bette sights

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I shot it. But not at 50. I had the first gen LCP with the garbage trigger. The LCP 2 may benefit from the better sights but the first gens trigger was too bad I think to benefit from Bette sights

The LCP II has better sights and trigger than the 1st Gen LCP's. It's technically a single action but it's exactly like a striker fired trigger.

Reactions: AtlMedic

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
You the man. I could barely hit a 5gallon bucket with mine at 15 yards! Still loved it for what it was. How reliable them tiny bastards are is what has always impressed me the most.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
You the man. I could barely hit a 5gallon bucket with mine at 15 yards! Still loved it for what it was. How reliable them tiny bastards are is what has always impressed me the most.

It was with the LCP II. I couldn't hit a pie plate at 25 yards with a 1st Gen LCP.