LPK Question

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Looking for one for my first build and keep seeing tons and tons of choices. I know many are the same but, what the difference between say a "classic" Vs. an "enhanced" and so on. Confusing the hell out of me.

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
Buy the classic .... anything else is just a gimmick really. Some have nibx coated take down and pivot pins .....what the fuck is the purpose of that? Some will swap the A2 grip for a magpul one. Some offer an upgraded trigger .....

Just buy a standard mil spec

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Do yourself a favor and go to redbarnarmory.com

You can build your own lpk however you like. That way you can get a real nice grip and whatever trigger that tickles your pickle, but still have good quality internal parts.

Reactions: Righter13

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Do yourself a favor and go to redbarnarmory.com

You can build your own lpk however you like. That way you can get a real nice grip and whatever trigger that tickles your pickle, but still have good quality internal parts.

That sounds awesome! Except, it says out of stock...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I usually replace the trigger guard, trigger and grip. So I just order the springs, detents and takedown / pivot pins from Brownells. A couple of years ago, I ordered bulk milspec roll pins from McMaster Carr, so those are covered for the rest of my life.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I usually replace the trigger guard, trigger and grip. So I just order the springs, detents and takedown / pivot pins from Brownells. A couple of years ago, I ordered bulk milspec roll pins from McMaster Carr, so those are covered for the rest of my life.
If I had known when I started building them that it would never stop, I would have just bought bulk of the individual parts too and picked up triggers and grips on an as needed basis.

Reactions: DarthVader