Just Submitted a SBR .300 BO with a 10.5 Barrel now to build It

Howard Law

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
That Ergo F93 is SWEET will have to really think about that.
Might even get one for my Daniel Defense DDM4
For the life of me, I don't understand why Magpul dumped the design. It's far superior to the UBR.....unless you, like, you know, need to carry batteries and tactical snacks in a secret tier one compartment on your weapons system operating platform.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
For the life of me, I don't understand why Magpul dumped the design. It's far superior to the UBR.....unless you, like, you know, need to carry batteries and tactical snacks in a secret tier one compartment on your weapons system operating platform.

I had no idea Magpul had the first shot at that design... stupid move. Yes it does have a lot of parts compared to a plain old collapsible stock and it is heavier, but 1. it works and 2. the weight is adds balance.

Best part is I've yet to lose a whisker to the Ergo stock. I'll have a damn bald spot on my cheek after shooting a CTR (locked in place) for a day.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Think I am going to start a running tab for cost on this build will help others if they use similar parts.

1. Spikes Lower: 75.00
2. ATF SBR Stamp: 200.00 (Never on sale)
3. 10.5 Barrel and Low Pro Gas Block with Pistol gas tube 112.00 Shipped
4. Trigger: Advanced Combat Trigger 60.00 Shipped
5. Stock: (not bought yet)
6. Rail: (not bought yet)
7. LPK: 49.00 (Thanks for free shipping)
8. Upper Receiver (not bought yet) - (I do have a MEGA Stripped Upper Receiver Might use it).
9. Grip (not bought yet)
10. Flash Hider plus Suppressor or Screw on Suppressor (not bought yet) - (Plus ATF 200.00)

So far this is what I have and will update as I buy things.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Sure you don't want to do 7.62x39 instead? I have a spare 7.5" barrel and gas tube laying here on the bench.

Reactions: Balthaz

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Sure you don't want to do 7.62x39 instead? I have a spare 7.5" barrel and gas tube laying here on the bench.

I can always build another upper for it in a Different caliber.
That was the reason I wanted to start in 300 caliber and can expand from there.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I can always build another upper for it in a Different caliber.
That was the reason I wanted to start in 300 caliber and can expand from there.

Honestly, it is on my bench because I thought it was too rough on my can so I swapped it out for a 10.5" barrel.

It's a loud little bastard. Perfect for those guys that like making a bunch of noise at the range.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Honestly, it is on my bench because I thought it was too rough on my can so I swapped it out for a 10.5" barrel.

It's a loud little bastard. Perfect for those guys that like making a bunch of noise at the range.

Yea kind of what I was thinking a 7.5 Barrel with that much powder would make a fireball and LOUD noise,
But would be fun regardless.
What kind of deal can I get for it?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Yea kind of what I was thinking a 7.5 Barrel with that much powder would make a fireball and LOUD noise,
But would be fun regardless.
What kind of deal can I get for it?

100 bucks for barrel, gas tube, and I think...think mind you, that I have the original gas block for it too.

Or you can just have it. Whatever you prefer.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
100 bucks for barrel, gas tube, and I think...think mind you, that I have the original gas block for it too.

Or you can just have it. Whatever you prefer.

Let me smoke this over will PM you tomorrow about this. :thumbsup:

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
This is the stock you want. Only 60 bucks too!

https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-compact-stock.aspx

57716.JPG

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Every trigger I have ever seen fail on an AR has been a RRA 2 stage. I wouldn't put one in my rifle, but that is just me. Honestly I really like the ALG ACT trigger.
It's scary how much you and I think alike sometimes. Just say no to the RRA. If you want a decent trigger without breaking the bank, ALG is the way to go.

As to stocks, check out the Ergo F93. It counter balances suppressor weight nicely and I like it much better than the UBR (lack of) consistent cheek weld.

I had a Magpul 93 a long time ago and always thought it was a neat design. If I recall, it was too expensive to produce and couldn't be made on the scale & speed that Magpul wanted, so they dropped it and sold the design.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
If you're going to get a tubular style rail, why not get an mlok or keymod style?

I like the round style but I do what the ability to add Rails as needed.
But I only need one or two small rails on the end.
Will look into those

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I like the round style but I do what the ability to add Rails as needed.
But I only need one or two small rails on the end.
Will look into those
Keymod and mlok are the evolution of rails like the one you posted. They offer more modularity because multiple companies are producing accessories for them as opposed to being stuck with whatever the specific rail manufacturer offers. Typically, proprietary modular rails have a very limited selection of accessories available and usually require that you mount a small picatinny rail section to add any accessories. With mlok and keymod, the accessories direct mount to the rail, skipping the need for an additional picatinny rail section. Saves you money and weight.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Keymod and mlok are the evolution of rails like the one you posted. They offer more modularity because multiple companies are producing accessories for them as opposed to being stuck with whatever the specific rail manufacturer offers. Typically, proprietary modular rails have a very limited selection of accessories available and usually require that you mount a small picatinny rail section to add any accessories. With mlok and keymod, the accessories direct mount to the rail, skipping the need for an additional picatinny rail section. Saves you money and weight.

Good point and I still have not made up my mind.
Just looking at all angles and do not want to rush to a decision.

Reactions: DarthVader

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Well things took a turn for the Best.
Just Worked out a deal on a 308 Suppressor for under 600.00 including Stamp.
When it comes in will post details, I am going to pay Wednesday after work and submit my stamp same day.
Woooo Hoooo its coming together.