Jam-o-matics list

American Revival Apparel Company

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
What guns have you owned that sucked as far as function goes?

Me: Glock 17 Gen 4
This was right when Gen 4s came out. Brass would fly out and hit me in the face. Maybe 2-3 times per mag. Then Glock offered an update (aka voluntary recall) that solved this problem. Still don't a Gen 4 17.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I'm not as crazy with my trading and shooting as some of you guys but I'm way above average. I've never in my 11years since turning 21 owned a lemon. I'd guess I've had somewhere around a hundred guns that I've put at least a few boxes of ammo through and the only major failure I can recall is a taurus pt92 that had a little roll pin that came loose and locked the gun up and it was an easy fix. Actually bought the new pin at home depot. Also I had a Glock 17 longslide that the guide rod would occasionally hang up and not go through the little hole in the slide. I've never owned any cheap guns though. Taurus is as cheap as I've gone.

Working at a gun and pawn shop the last year I can say the most people bringing in guns looking for a gun Smith are Taurus, Diamondback, kel-tec and 1911's. And the usual suspects like Hi-point, bryco, Jennings and all that junk.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Kahr CW45

Multiple FTF and double feeds....it locked up so bad I had to take a hammer to the slide to get it to move. Turned me off of Kahr.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Never owned a true lemon either.

That said, every 249 I've ever touched would jam at least every 30rds

Reactions: PewPewPewCo
H

Hoss

I had an OD G23 that would FTE every 3rd round or so. I took it to Glock and they fixed it in under an hour. All better after that

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
The only issues I have ever had with any of my firearms was a Taurus pt111 pro. I could never get it to be reliably accurate. I need to shoot it again to see if it was just me or the gun.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I got a Taurus Ultra-lite .38 as a wedding gift that went back to Taurus so many times they destroyed it and sent me a new gun. Not only that, but they sent me different, less expensive gun because they didn't have mine in stock. The choices they gave me were wait several months or take the blue finish instead of the titanium. Wouldn't even give me credit toward another gun or anything. I got that POS and sold it that night. My first trade on the ODT and it ended up on a flight to New York. Fuck Taurus. I'll never touch another one.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've gotten lucky even with notorious guns. My Sig mosquito ran fine, even with subs and no can. My Taurus pt111 ran flawlessly.

Even my Mac11 ran fine.

Only my x39 had problems until I modified the magazines.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I got a Taurus Ultra-lite .38 as a wedding gift that went back to Taurus so many times they destroyed it and sent me a new gun. Not only that, but they sent me different, less expensive gun because they didn't have mine in stock. The choices they gave me were wait several months or take the blue finish instead of the titanium. Wouldn't even give me credit toward another gun or anything. I got that POS and sold it that night. My first trade on the ODT and it ended up on a flight to New York. Fuck Taurus. I'll never touch another one.
Whoa...you sold to that guy? Yikes, man.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Lots and lots of people did. He was a really nice guy actually. Glowing feedback.

I must have missed all of that. Short version? What was his screen name?

Also, the only gun that I've ever owned that wasn't reliable(that I can recall) was a Rock Island 1911. Got it for $300 off of ODT and took it to the range with a few buddies. It would FTRTB every round to every other round. Sold it to a friend. He knew the issues as he was there when we were shooting it. He took it to a Gunsmith and had him mill the feed ramp and it ran fine after that. I think he said it cost him $40 or something like that to get it fixed...IIRC that was @00formula6spd that I sold it to.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Lots and lots of people did. He was a really nice guy actually. Glowing feedback.
Serious question...and 100% not side seat driving. Did it change anything about the way you approach sales now? I'm not sure how I'd process that.