American Revival Apparel Company

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I am thinking and researching about doing a 7.5" 7,62x39 pistol. Any one w/ experience in building one that can point me in the right direction as far as parts go? Y'all know I am cheap and would rather bitch about it not working than pay premium prices for top level equipment :) I am in no particular hurry though, so I can buy a part here and there until I get everything that I need.

But, in my mind I am seeing a 7.5" barrel (SS maybe) w/ a 9" rail and a KAK or similar brake/re directioner on it. I have read that A) don't go that short on a 5.56 and if you do that you need different buffers/springs/gas systems. Does this hold true w/ a 7,62x39 as well? Thanks.

I have an Anderson lower and intend to go w/ an Anderson upper, but beyond that I don't have my mind set on any particular parts...

I'd really like to go w/ stainless barrel and brake just for the looks, but that isn't a major deciding factor. Which brings up the question, is there another brake w/ the same functions as the Flaming Pig/KAK that comes in stainless?

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I am thinking and researching about doing a 7.5" 7,62x39 pistol. Any one w/ experience in building one that can point me in the right direction as far as parts go? Y'all know I am cheap and would rather bitch about it not working than pay premium prices for top level equipment :) I am in no particular hurry though, so I can buy a part here and there until I get everything that I need.

But, in my mind I am seeing a 7.5" barrel (SS maybe) w/ a 9" rail and a KAK or similar brake/re directioner on it. I have read that A) don't go that short on a 5.56 and if you do that you need different buffers/springs/gas systems. Does this hold true w/ a 7,62x39 as well? Thanks.

I have an Anderson lower and intend to go w/ an Anderson upper, but beyond that I don't have my mind set on any particular parts...

I'd really like to go w/ stainless barrel and brake just for the looks, but that isn't a major deciding factor. Which brings up the question, is there another brake w/ the same functions as the Flaming Pig/KAK that comes in stainless?

I'm in the same boat. Sub'd

Reactions: lftd&pwrstrok'n

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
If you don't want to spend a lot of time and/or money and want it to be reliable....just buy one of the Dracos or a M92. They simply work.
That is, of course, unless you want to gain experience with the build.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
If you don't want to spend a lot of time and/or money and want it to be reliable....just buy one of the Dracos or a M92. They simply work.
sounds like he wants to build it on the ar platform

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

Except AKs are almost impossible to suppress (at least very expensive to do so), the magazine design sucks balls, no bolt hold back, shitty optics options, and if you do manage to get a suppressor on there without getting a baffle strike, the suppression is going to suck too.

OP, I ran a 7.5" 7.62x39 upper and used a standard buffer and spring. The only things I did was use a heavier hammer spring and longer firing pin to insure primer ignition. My ran like a raped ape. @Cudruln has my upper now. I assume it is running good for him as well.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I am moving away from the Commie platforms. 'cause :usa2:
That's cool.
I prefer platforms that work without needing extensive upgrades and modifications, which to me is far more important than their origin. But that's just me.
I do have high quality American products ( some bolt action rifles, revolvers, ammo, tools, etc)

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
That's cool.
I prefer platforms that work without needing extensive upgrades and modifications, which to me is far more important than their origin. But that's just me.
I do have high quality American products ( some bolt action rifles, revolvers, ammo, tools, etc)

Just takes a bit of tinkering and they do work. My rifle runs like a sewing machine. Better ergonomics. More user friendly (I am more familiar w/ the AR platform). More accurate. And, built for $550ish. We all have our own likes and different opinions. And, you know what? That's okay.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Just takes a bit of tinkering and they do work. My rifle runs like a sewing machine. Better ergonomics. More user friendly (I am more familiar w/ the AR platform). More accurate. And, built for $550ish. We all have our own likes and different opinions. And, you know what? That's okay.
Agreed. Whatever works for you.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
No sir, please share your experience and wisdom on this topic.
I dont have much wisdom on it necessarily. Are you trying to build one that takes ar style or ak style mags? Are you familiar with how ridiculously miserable 762x39 out of a barrel under about 14" is??

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I dont have much wisdom on it necessarily. Are you trying to build one that takes ar style or ak style mags? Are you familiar with how ridiculously miserable 762x39 out of a barrel under about 14" is??

Why so miserable?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Why so miserable?
Crazy concussion, crazy loud (like double ear protection and still leave with a headache loud), crazy bright flash... Hell a can will mostly fix that, but for reference, look how the flash makes it THROUGH a can lmao... skip to 2:23