Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So, I purchased a couple of upgrades for mine and my wife's twin Glock 37s. I found great deal on the Ghost 3.5lb Pro trigger bar, 3 spring kit and extended slide release. All for both guns and shipping was $84. I did my gun first and had a little hiccup when I lost one of the spring cups while installing the new firing pin spring. After that it was a breeze. The other slide spring in the kit was for the safety plunger. It was nice to completely strip the slide and reassemble. On the receiver side I pulled the trigger assembly as a whole, replaced the trigger spring with a 6lb one and replaced the trigger connector with the new one. Re-assembleD everything and man what a difference. Did the same thing to the wife's pistol and after doing the slide components got a surprise when I pulled the trigger assembly and found the nice Ghost tactical trigger bar already installed! So, now I have a pair of upgraded twins and a left-over Ghost pro trigger bar and 6lb spring. If anyone is interested in will sell both for $15.

The wife's pistol already alson had the stainless guiderod assembly installed as well as both pistols came with night sights. Her pistol was the cheaper of the 2 at $325 and had the other upgrades as well. Range report to follow.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Nice job getting it done and for finding a jewel in your wife's G37. Lucky dog award ! In for the report and holla at me when your back in town I'll take the extra upgrades and we can install them on my G17 and shoot some more.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Those extended slide releases are my jam. I tried a connector bar once and it made the trigger kind of bunch up at first and once you got over that hump it was fine. I returned it immediately. Its probably about time I try another one. Glad youre liking them.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have little hands so I am a huge fan of the vickers tactical mag releases. I also like the vickers baseplates on my mags.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Ive been looking for an oversized mag release. Ill have to check that one out.
It's perfect. I've had them on Gen 3 and 4 glocks. Curved edges and doesn't stick out as far as the Glock competition one. I wanted to try the "Glock FBI" mag release but last time I was at Glock they were only putting them on LEO glocks.

Last edited:

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
It's perfect. I've had them on Gen 3 and 4 glocks. Curved edges and doesn't stick out as far as the Glock competition one. I wanted to try the "Glock FBI" mag release but last time I was at Glock they were o lay putting them on LEO glocks.

FBI mag release is almost the same as the Vickers. I had an FBI mag release that I got from Glock right after they came out(before they started only putting them on LEO guns) and it was almost the exact same size as the Vickers. I liked the Vickers more.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
FBI mag release is almost the same as the Vickers. I had an FBI mag release that I got from Glock right after they came out(before they started only putting them on LEO guns) and it was almost the exact same size as the Vickers. I liked the Vickers more.
Cool. I've been really happy with the vickers. Never had it accidentally hit like the competition length ones and I don't have to change my grip nearly as much as with the stock one. And they are cheap.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice job getting it done and for finding a jewel in your wife's G37. Lucky dog award ! In for the report and holla at me when your back in town I'll take the extra upgrades and we can install them on my G17 and shoot some more.

The trigger bar does make a big difference in the factory trigger pull. I haven't changed any springs on mine though.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

SPM - I am off until Monday if you want to get together Saturday. I also have an extended slide release as well.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Please check out NDZ Performance if you are considering upgrades as they have the best deals on many pistol and rifle upgrades. Ghost is not the only brand they carry. When they sold threaded barrels I picked one up for the G37 for $119 when they were $139 and up everywhere else.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
SPM - I am off until Monday if you want to get together Saturday. I also have an extended slide release as well.

I've got to call you on that one this weekend is filled slap up. I've got plans most all day tomorrow and part of Sun. We may be able to meet up though.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I've got to call you on that one this weekend is filled slap up. I've got plans most all day tomorrow and part of Sun. We may be able to meet up though.
It will take about 15 mins to install everything. Even if we don't have a chance to go shooting, I can still install everything. I still have some lingering things to take care of for the old job so Saturday is better for me. I am going up to Mom's on Sunday since I will be gone for next 3 weeks. Of not this weekend, the I will be gone for 3 weeks. The parts aren't going anywhere, just let me know.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
It will take about 15 mins to install everything. Even if we don't have a chance to go shooting, I can still install everything. I still have some lingering things to take care of for the old job so Saturday is better for me. I am going up to Mom's on Sunday since I will be gone for next 3 weeks. Of not this weekend, the I will be gone for 3 weeks. The parts aren't going anywhere, just let me know.

I'll try to meet ya later tomorrow if we can if not I'll have to catch up with you when you get back again bro. I'll holla at ya tomorrow afternoon is best if we can.