Glock 43 alternatives or just get a glock 43?

American Revival Apparel Company

HiPointer

Boom, Got my CCW pistol finall!
Feb 17, 2016
I'm looking for a new gun for everyday concealed carry, and i need something smallish to mediumish sizes. I'll be using it 95% of the time as a EDC and my wife will probably use it occasionally to carry as well.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Most popular gun that is similar is the M&P 9 Shield. Other options are some of the smaller Khar Arms 9mm guns, single stack Kel-Tec pistols, Sig 938, and Springfield Armory XDS 9mm. I would rank the G43 first and Shield 2nd among those, but that is largely personal preference.

D

David

You need to get out and shoot each one really. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the Glock 43, and pretty much most concealable guns that size. The best choice would be to find friends who own them or a range that rents them to test them out before getting to deep in one.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I have a G43 and like it for what it is, easily concealable and light weight when the situation calls for it, My wife has a P938 and it is a nice pistol however maybe it's just the Bias in me but I prefer the Glock just because everything feels the same as my larger frame Glocks that I like to carry.

I know a couple of people that carry the Shield religiously and they really dig it, if you have the opportunity to shoot a few different ones that's always the best way, good luck!