FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I never understood the "safety" in the trigger. You pull the trigger, the gun shoots. What does it actually do?
It helps prevent the gun from firing if it's dropped or slammed against a hard surface.

To answer the OP it's all about personal preference. My preference is the glock19. I like the trigger better and the full size M&P is too big and the compact is too small the 19 is just right. If I was considering a single stack though I like the shield better than the 43.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Good point. Once you've invested in mags, holsters, etc, it's hard to justify switching to anything else. On the other hand, the recent selling prices of the M&P, puts it into blue label territory.

At the time Glock and M&P were similar otd prices. In a world of $400 M&Ps I probably would've never joined GSSF in the first place.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I'm sure he was just being polite
hes getting a nut kicking next time
Yeah, like when someone gives you a fruitcake for christmas. oh snap,your a dic

;)

How in the hell do you hold that thing? Your hands are the size of half dollars.
you know I've owned many guns,and like that nano I hate it,something about gen 3 G21's is cozy to me. yes I have midget hands

bearpugh

Hunter
R.I.P.
Aug 24, 2015
temple,ga
the ONLY advantage glock ever had for me was being local. since i can no longer travel thats gone. the m&p feels better to me. shoots better, built beefier, and other than grip length, is the same size as a 19. which is my fave glock. only like gen 2's also.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I wonder if there some who say Glock because they enjoy shooting them at competitions or at the range but when it comes to saving their life they carry M&P.

bearpugh

Hunter
R.I.P.
Aug 24, 2015
temple,ga
I wonder if there some who say Glock because they enjoy shooting them at competitions or at the range but when it comes to saving their life they carry M&P.
dunno. reliability certainly isn't an issue with glock tho. never a bad choice. just not my fave. i will say i've had glocks jam as much as anything else. which is rare with any decent modern auto. but i'm a wheelgun guy at heart anyway. lol

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
dunno. reliability certainly isn't an issue with glock tho. never a bad choice. just not my fave. i will say i've had glocks jam as much as anything else. which is rare with any decent modern auto. but i'm a wheelgun guy at heart anyway. lol
The worst gun I've owned in the last few years was a new Gen 3 G19. But anyone can put out a lemon every now and then. The way I see it, every gun has its fans. But if you're choosing a gun based on what everyone else shoots or says is the "best", then you're doing yourself a disservice. Try them all and pick what works best for YOU. For every fan boy, there's a hater. Don't listen to any of them.

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I don't think anyone who owns both trust there life more to the copy of a Glock than the real deal. S&W makes many guns and Glock only makes a Glock. While both are proven reliable I trust the quality control of Glock over S&W. Glock only makes one gun and they've been making that same gun for 30+ years and have a track record of reliability.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I don't think anyone who owns both trust there life more to the copy of a Glock than the real deal. S&W makes many guns and Glock only makes a Glock. While both are proven reliable I trust the quality control of Glock over S&W. Glock only makes one gun and they've been making that same gun for 30+ years and have a track record of reliability.
Glock has had their fair share of issues and puts out lemons just like everyone else. Professional shooters and trainers that I've met always seem to chuckle when the subject of Glock "perfection" comes up. Because they've had lots of issues over the years. Glock NEVER publicly acknowledges them. They take the low key, nothing to see here approach and it works like magic. Then they quietly change out the faulty parts, fix the issue and move on. Glock makes a great gun, but they're not perfect. They just do a hell of a job controlling public opinion and perception. And people with blind allegiance are their greatest marketing tool.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
On the other hand, Naval Special Warfare (NSW / SEALs) are currently in the process of dumping the Mk25 in favor of the G19. Standby for the rejoicing of fan boys...

Reactions: hikingthehills

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Glock has had their fair share of issues and puts out lemons just like everyone else. Professional shooters and trainers that I've met always seem to chuckle when the subject of Glock "perfection" comes up. Because they've had lots of issues over the years. Glock NEVER publicly acknowledges them. They take the low key, nothing to see here approach and it works like magic. Then they quietly change out the faulty parts, fix the issue and move on. Glock makes a great gun, but they're not perfect. They just do a hell of a job controlling public opinion and perception. And people with blind allegiance are their greatest marketing tool.
Agreed that everyone makes lemons But it's not like Glock is introducing a new gun year after. What do the majority of professional shooters and trainers you know carry? Cause most of them I know carry a Glock. And I Fucking hate the fact that I praise glocks now because I've become that internet guy that I hated years ago. When I turned 21 my first gun was a HK USP and I hated Glock solely because all the internet fan boys. In my early days in the ODT I spent many a post hating on Glock fanboys and trading for every gun that wasn't a Glock. But eventually I matured and figured I'd try a few out, non of them really stuck with me till I got a 19 and figured out what all the fuss was about. For me and many others it's just a simplified tool that's everything a defensive pistol should be and nothing it shouldn't. Hell besides a makarov I just picked up for a steal my edc 19 is the only pistol I own.

Reactions: hikingthehills

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Agreed that everyone makes lemons But it's not like Glock is introducing a new gun year after. What do the majority of professional shooters and trainers you know carry? Cause most of them I know carry a Glock. And I Fucking hate the fact that I praise glocks now because I've become that internet guy that I hated years ago. When I turned 21 my first gun was a HK USP and I hated Glock solely because all the internet fan boys. In my early days in the ODT I spent many a post hating on Glock fanboys and trading for every gun that wasn't a Glock. But eventually I matured and figured I'd try a few out, non of them really stuck with me till I got a 19 and figured out what all the fuss was about. For me and many others it's just a simplified tool that's everything a defensive pistol should be and nothing it shouldn't. Hell besides a makarov I just picked up for a steal my edc 19 is the only pistol I own.

Alot of them do shoot a Glock. But several don't. Hell, I watched Ernie Langdon run a Beretta M92 like it was on fire last year. The truth is, for most of those guys, it's just a tool with no emotional attachment. The ones that do run a Glock will tell you it's because they just plain work. No dispute there. But to say that the M&P is a lesser gun just because Smith makes other guns, isn't true. It's been around for 1/3rd of the time that Glock has and has evolved, just as Glock has. Today, it's a solid gun. Extremely reliable, better ergonomics, ambidextrous controls, arguably more shootable and similar accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Glock at all. I just cringe when people get romantic about a particular brand.

For the record, the Sigma was a Glock copy. But the M&P is wholly different and in some ways, improved.

I'd rather see folks make their arguments with quantifiable advantages or material differences versus the "other guy". I know a couple of industry guys that shoot M&Ps too, but not nearly as many. And a couple of them have upwards of 25 or 50k rounds on a single pistol. So the M&P has the chops to compete with Glock. And the original Pistol training.com torture test proved that. But Glock has a long track record and it has earned it's reputation for dependability too.

Reactions: Shemp and FatAlbert

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Alot of them do shoot a Glock. But several don't. Hell, I watched Ernie Langdon run a Beretta M92 like it was on fire last year. The truth is, for most of those guys, it's just a tool with no emotional attachment. The ones that do run a Glock will tell you it's because they just plain work. No dispute there. But to say that the M&P is a lesser gun just because Smith makes other guns, isn't true. It's been around for 1/3rd of the time that Glock has and has evolved, just as Glock has. Today, it's a solid gun. Extremely reliable, better ergonomics, ambidextrous controls, arguably more shootable and similar accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Glock at all. I just cringe when people get romantic about a particular brand.

For the record, the Sigma was a Glock copy. But the M&P is wholly different and in some ways, improved.

I'd rather see folks make their arguments with quantifiable advantages or material differences versus the "other guy". I know a couple of industry guys that shoot M&Ps too, but not nearly as many. And a couple of them have upwards of 25 or 50k rounds on a single pistol. So the M&P has the chops to compete with Glock. And the original Pistol training.com torture test proved that. But Glock has a long track record and it has earned it's reputation for dependability too.
Don't get me wrong I really like the m&p series too. Calling it a copy was just a cheap shot at the smith fan boys. I have no legitimate reason to trust one over the other but I do think that because all Glock makes is glocks gives it a slight edge in quality control. Even if that's just all in my head. And like I said I'd take the shield over the 43 all day or the m&p 45 over the 21. But for a compact 9mm the 19 just fits the bill for me, personal preference that's all.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Don't get me wrong I really like the m&p series too. Calling it a copy was just a cheap shot at the smith fan boys. I have no legitimate reason to trust one over the other but I do think that because all Glock makes is glocks gives it a slight edge in quality control. Even if that's just all in my head. And like I said I'd take the shield over the 43 all day or the m&p 45 over the 21. But for a compact 9mm the 19 just fits the bill for me, personal preference that's all.
The 19 is the perfect size pistol. I've wished for a long time that Smith would make a Midsize M&P. But the compact gets the job done well enough for me.

<<still wants a G19 sized M&P

Reactions: FatAlbert

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm not a Glock fan, but I figure I'll add one to the collection sooner or later and more than likely it will be a 19.

Reactions: FatAlbert

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

Great comment... ^^^ I like Glocks just b/c they plain work... They dont fit in my tiny T-rex hands... I rather shoot a 1911 .45 all day long, but like you said I've seen people make crazy small shot groups w/ a M9.... I don't consider myself a Glock fan boy, but they work for me, and what I want out of a pistol...
If you want a M&P Smith... fine...Get one. I just think Glocks have more advantages in options, and being so close to Glockland, its hard to beat a place where you can walk in & they will fix your pistol.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Great comment... ^^^ I like Glocks just b/c they plain work... They dont fit in my tiny T-rex hands... I rather shoot a 1911 .45 all day long, but like you said I've seen people make crazy small shot groups w/ a M9.... I don't consider myself a Glock fan boy, but they work for me, and what I want out of a pistol...
If you want a M&P Smith... fine...Get one. I just think Glocks have more advantages in options, and being so close to Glockland, its hard to beat a place where you can walk in & they will fix your pistol.
The amazing thing about seeing Ernest shoot wasn't just how well or accurate he was, it was how blazing fast he was. Especially with a DA/SA M92.