Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Where them mp5s at for 8 hundo??

*scratches neck nervously*
cn4bCjv.gif

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Gotta be careful with the youtube. So many paid shills these days

Quoted for truth. You want a "perfect" review, no matter how many guns I have to go through, it will cost you "X".

You want a good review...it will cost you "Y".

You watch these guys who seem like gun guys and they're in it for the money - imagine that...

Reactions: chance and Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Quoted for truth. You want a "perfect" review, no matter how many guns I have to go through, it will cost you "X".

You watch these guys who seem like gun guys and they're in it for the money - imagine that...

Yeah I don't watch or subscribe to IV8888 because of that

Reactions: Hayata

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code

Having been in contact with a number of content creators, its crazy what you hear happens behind the scenes vs whats on youtube with some of these guys. Some of them are great to work with, others think their 8 minute video is worth 5k.

They might have been more that way early on, but I dont feel that way about them currently. They pay for most of the guns and ammo they use, and they usually make it pretty clear when a company sends them something.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I do, simply because I find it cathartic to sit back with a beer in the evening and watch someone leisurely plink away from 100 to 600 yards ringing steel. It takes the place of a dirty and smelly aquarium in my house.

I also think it's great that they can earn a living or at least supplement their income with ads/reviews, whatever. I enjoy their content, but don't take the reviews for much more than an advertisement.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I do, simply because I find it cathartic to sit back with a beer in the evening and watch someone leisurely plink away from 100 to 600 yards ringing steel. It takes the place of a dirty and smelly aquarium in my house.

I also think it's great that they can earn a living or at least supplement their income with ads/reviews, whatever. I enjoy their content, but don't take the reviews for much more than an advertisement.

This, I take their opinion with a grain of salt, they being YouTube people. The IV8888 guys I have met a few times and I really don’t believe they are the type to give a bad gun a good review. Eric and Chad are really down to earth and super knowledgeable about guns without being arrogant. I’ve talked to them both where they admitted when they didn’t know something instead of bullshiting like some others I have met.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
This, I take their opinion with a grain of salt, they being YouTube people. The IV8888 guys I have met a few times and I really don’t believe they are the type to give a bad gun a good review. Eric and Chad are really down to earth and super knowledgeable about guns without being arrogant. I’ve talked to them both where they admitted when they didn’t know something instead of bullshiting like some others I have met.
https://imgur.com/a/sc5XR

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Doesn't bother me at all. I'm happy we live in a place that you can go out in a field and shoot gun ads for a living.
Yeah, but Hillary doesn't bother you either.
I don't care that they take money for that stuff, but be honest about it; they shouldn't call what they do reviewing so much as presenting

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't care that they take money for that stuff, but be honest about it; they shouldn't call what they do reviewing so much as presenting
Hillary doesn't bother me because she doesn't affect my life in any appreciable way. Eric and Chad's videos are entertaining, and I enjoy them...more than I can say for Clinton.

But yes, they should always have a disclaimer when they are creating an advertisement and not a review.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

I don’t disagree, I guess I always assume that the bigger channels are being compensated in some fashion and keep that in mind. I still believe that they are honest regardless if they are being paid or not.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I don’t disagree, I guess I always assume that the bigger channels are being compensated in some fashion and keep that in mind. I still believe that they are honest regardless if they are being paid or not.

That's fine, I'm not telling anyone not to watch them. I just wouldn't buy a gun based on their "opinion". Guys like them, Sootch,Hickock Gunblast, all entertaining but I never see a bad review, or problems with guns.

MAC, AKOU are about the only big channels I give much credence to.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's fine, I'm not telling anyone not to watch them. I just wouldn't buy a gun based on their "opinion". Guys like them, Sootch,Hickock Gunblast, all entertaining but I never see a bad review, or problems with guns.

MAC has a tendency to sugarcoat reviews of guns he gets from J&G :/

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

I’m with you. I would never buy a gun based off the opinion of someone I don’t know well. Like I trust the guys on here, and have bought things based off y’alls recomendations. But YouTube videos for me are for getting information that often isn’t found on a manufacturers website.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Friend recently got one. The handgaurd and barrel nut came loose first time he took it out. Brought it to the shop and the barrel nut just needed to be shimed. No big deal that's normal for rails that require timing, just some idiot who built it was too lazy and thought 20ft/lbs was good enough I guess. Then I discovered a real problem, the front of the upper receiver is so out of wack the barrel actually points to the left. Needs lapping to true it up but I don't have a upper lapping tool yet. I've heard of it but this is actually the first time I've seen the need for one.