Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

American Revival Apparel Company

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
sold Colt m4 today for $900 someone talk me out of a Steyr AUG cus I am gravitating towards it instead of LWRC IC

I might be too late on this one and I’ve got some catching up to do on later posts but the AUG trigger is not good. Not sure if the aftermarket has gotten better in the last 9 years but it was hard to get accurate groups for the long and heavy pull. The rifle was definitely capable of accurate groupings but the trigger was difficult.

Also watch your support hand around the gas block. I burned my thumb pretty bad once from the expelled gas when I wasn’t paying enough attention and let it wander too close.

Also not a fan of the foregrip. And it’s heavier than it looks. Other than that - it’s a well made and reliable weapon.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I might be too late on this one and I’ve got some catching up to do on later posts but the AUG trigger is not good. Not sure if the aftermarket has gotten better in the last 9 years but it was hard to get accurate groups for the long and heavy pull. The rifle was definitely capable of accurate groupings but the trigger was difficult.

Also watch your support hand around the gas block. I burned my thumb pretty bad once from the expelled gas when I wasn’t paying enough attention and let it wander too close.

Also not a fan of the foregrip. And it’s heavier than it looks. Other than that - it’s a well made and reliable weapon.
I'd say that this is generally accruate.
Some folks like a special sear that supposedley helps the trigger out a lot. I actually dont mine the one in my rifle and cloverleaf and 25 years. didn't burn myself becuse I run the VFG down all the time and like it like that. I'm more in it just for the weird/cool factor more than as a rifle I'd try to use to stay alive.

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.