Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I should have bought one of those when they were $400.00 bucks.

I wish I had bought a dozen, but who knew?

Same as the VZ2008 from PSA. They were practically giving them away...I'm afraid those days are long gone.

Surplus done run out unless you want a clapped out Carcano carbine in an odd caliber you would have to reload your own for.

Bah humbug.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA

Same as the VZ2008 from PSA. They were practically giving them away...I'm afraid those days are long gone.

Surplus done run out unless you want a clapped out Carcano carbine in an odd caliber you would have to reload your own for.

Bah humbug.
Reloading ain’t so bad ,but it’s a bad time to start

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
If you have three stocks/rifles to outfit and you want a quick detach capability, I would suggest either paracord as @Hayata stated or using braided metal cord (cable) on the rear loop to form a hitch.

It’s hard to explain and I may do a post showing how, but you can buy a lot of polymer-coated metal cable for very cheap. Add a crimper tool, some ferrules, and heat shrink wire wrapping and you can churn out a very cheap equivalent to the blue force gear UWL (universal wire loop) en masse.

Once you have one or however many you need for the slings you have, it’s easy to feed the wire loop through the rifleman loops on any stock. Just pull the rest of the sling through the loop and then attach to the front of the rifle with whatever attachment method you want - HK/mash/paracord clip, BFG Uloop, or QD depending on what type of front sling mount you have. I like the metal wire because it resists twisting better than paracord. A twisted sling drives me bonkers.

The tools are an upfront cost but the variable cost of adding an additional sling / rifle is very cheap.

I personally use this method often because my main purpose is for deer hunting and I like to remove the sling once I’m in the blind (once less thing to worry about or make noise during those critical moments).

Also it gives you the flexibility to buy one really nice sling from BFG, SOB tactical, VTac, etc. and then easily move it from rifle to rifle. Also you can eliminate half the cost of buying quality QD swivels which run about $12 apiece. Don’t buy knockoff Amazon shit for cheaper because they fail and dump your rifle on the ground (been there; done that).

I need to do a write up / show and tell.
Yes, that'd be pretty awesome.
My line of thinking was that it'd be nice to take one really good sling and be able to swap between rifles instead of getting several hundred bucks of the same sling. I figured getting a bunch of good mounts would cost a lot less and have the same end result.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Morning dudes
get your stuff done early today
looks like some nasty storms later today, maybe tomorrow
yall stay safe out there
im going to an Estate sale today y’all send monies
Hopefully some good stuff there

The wife says orange sky in the morning is a bad omen. Gonna be gross out later.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

Bah humbug.
I lived in a ban state when those were being sold with the pouch, bayo, and 4 mags, so I missed that boat. Sucks.

Financed my move out by selling a bunch of import AKs, fancy Uzi, and a bunch of other really cool stuff that I thought I could just replace, but then everything dried up right after that. Still made out okay with a bunch of cheap surplus crates, but those were really good times.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I used to have one of those NV optics. Bought it for $125 bucks with all the mounts from some dude outta Columbus. Wish I still had it. It worked too.

Dammit, now you've got me looking at these...

I really liked my SP5K. But i didn't want to change it from bone stock . I'd modify the crap out of one of these.