FAA bypasses hiring of best qualified in favor of diversity

Faktory 47
H

Hoss

The FAA admits that they have been bypassing qualified candidates that have passed all of the qualification tests and are approved for hiring. They are choosing, instead, to hire candidates based on race and gender diversity. Peter Kirsanow, a Republican member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights wrote: "It is even more troubling that many of these reports suggest that the FAA changed its selection procedures because it wanted fewer white male air traffic controllers. A news report quotes Secretary Foxx as telling Congress, 'The FAA took an opportunity to take a broad opening of the aperture if you will to try to get a larger universe of applicants into the program.' I don't speak jive, but I am fluent in bureaucratese, and this is easy to translate: the FAA didn't like the racial and gender composition of the people in its pool of potential air traffic controllers."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/faa-air-controllers-race/2015/06/04/id/648887/

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
have fun flying...you might collide with another plane midair but at least it will be because of an ethnically diverse ATC.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
An ethnically diverse surgery team is the second thing I would look for right after purchasing my Ali Baba pace maker.

Reactions: Shemp

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I know a guy who graduated with an ATC certification with honors.

Can't get the actual job though. His "biological qualification" isn't high enough. He is a white male.

What the FAA is dealing with now is the massive wave of controller retirements from the guys who didn't get fired by Reagan . And they are all being replaced by what sound like 12 year old girls. Just saying....
It's like "take your daughter to work day" every day now.

I guess the whole "biological qualification" thing is much more important than hiring people regardless of what they look like. More important that screwing up and causing an accident-cause we all know that political correctness trumps everything-all the time.