Eye Protection? Pffft, who needs it.

American Revival Apparel Company

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Bad ammo. I grabbed it thinking it was a box of factory ammo, but when we got to the range I realized it was reloads.

What I found after the fact was the brass wasn't sized correctly and some of the rounds would't allow the slide to fully close.

At first I thought it was case separation but after the fact I realized the brass was improperly sized causing the slide to not to fully close on some rounds.

It really concerned me because I was thinking they must be my dad's 45 reloads which I have a ton of, but upon further inspection I have no clue where they came from. I assume the came as part of a trade at some point.

This is one of the reasons I will not let anyone else have my reloads. Sold my sister my last .357... now I have a thousand reloaded rounds with nothing to shoot them out of (until I get another .357)

Glad you're ok man-

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
LOL how much :sneaky:

Nah, it's not going anywhere. I have way too much history with that gun. I got it when the PT1911 first came out. Well, actually I bought it 6 months later off a Phoenix PD officer who is a buddy of mine.

The frame is actually broken in the back. Taurus offered to replace it but it's not in a critical place and I don't want to let this one go.

Reactions: Balthaz

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
This is one of the reasons I will not let anyone else have my reloads. Sold my sister my last .357... now I have a thousand reloaded rounds with nothing to shoot them out of (until I get another .357)

Glad you're ok man-

I generally won't shoot anyone else's reloads. As I said, this box has been on my dresser for a year and I didn't realize they were reloads until we got on the range.

I have no clue where they came from.

Reactions: dial1911

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I already had a pounding headache before that. It's about dull blown migraine now.
I had to all but quit going to indoor ranges. I've never had migraine in my life and then all of the sudden at 30 I started getting them immediately after going to an indoor range.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm really bad about not wearing eye protection. Today was a bit of an eye opener for me. I'll be a little more careful for the next week or so. Then I'll go back to the way I've always done it.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I had to all but quit going to indoor ranges. I've never had migraine in my life and then all of the sudden at 30 I started getting them immediately after going to an indoor range.

I refuse to shoot indoors. Won't do it.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Thanks to @DoglegArms for his quick thinking. He immediately jumped into action and was able to suck out the poison then urinate on the wound to sterilize it. Probably saved @NWS life. He's a goddamn American hero. Except he's Asian. Goddamn Asian-American hero.
I did absolutely nothing except say whooaaaa. I didn't realize @NWS got it in the face until a few seconds later when asked me if his face was bleeding.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I did absolutely nothing except say whooaaaa. I didn't realize @NWS got it in the face until a few seconds later when asked me if his face was bleeding.
I'm sure It's not the first time @NWS has had a hot load blown in his face and then immediately regretted not wearing protection.

Last edited:

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Bad ammo. I grabbed it thinking it was a box of factory ammo, but when we got to the range I realized it was reloads.

What I found after the fact was the brass wasn't sized correctly and some of the rounds would't allow the slide to fully close.

At first I thought it was case separation but after the fact I realized the brass was improperly sized causing the slide to not to fully close on some rounds.

It really concerned me because I was thinking they must be my dad's 45 reloads which I have a ton of, but upon further inspection I have no clue where they came from. I assume the came as part of a trade at some point.
Never ever fire some other jack wagons reloads.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Man that sucks. Glad you walked away from that with all your parts.