Challenge coins

GA Firing Line

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
It would be cool to design and get some challenge coins made for this site. Usually good return on the money to help offset costs, plus many (me) collect these from our travels through the military etc. Just a thought?

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
It would be cool to design and get some challenge coins made for this site. Usually good return on the money to help offset costs, plus many (me) collect these from our travels through the military etc. Just a thought?

That's a great idea. I really like that idea and actually have mentioned it to my buddy at Pipe Hitters Union. They do coins and I wanted to see how the patches and shirts went first before I venture out into more stuff due to the minimums.

Reactions: LXHunter

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
That's a great idea. I really like that idea and actually have mentioned it to my buddy at Pipe Hitters Union. They do coins and I wanted to see how the patches and shirts went first before I venture out into more stuff due to the minimums.
If you get serious about it let me know. I can even get some pricing if that helps or show you a few cool ones I have from over the years.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
i can see the meet and greets when the challenge coin is dropped. that is a lot of beer ...LOL

I would be in for one, if they are not 30bucks.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
sorry for the poor quality pic's

Attachments

• IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Flipper

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
i can see the meet and greets when the challenge coin is dropped. that is a lot of beer ...LOL

I would be in for one, if they are not 30bucks.
Yup better not be without if coin checked. Most of the ones I get we sell for like 10 bucks, which still allows monies to be raised and still be affordable.

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
So do you swap them at meet and greets?
You could but a SET coin would all be the same so not much swapping. Usually we give them out to hard chargers as recognition for their work. Also swap with other units you have worked with or deployed with etc etc.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Here was my initial thoughts on how I was going to do the Challenge Coins.

1. Create a limited number of coins to sell to raise money for the site. We could make various designs, but keep them very limited.
2. Create a limited number of coins to sell that the profits go to good causes like GeorgiaCarry.org, etc.
3. Create a renewable number of coins that members receive when they earn certain monumental achievements like 100 positive feedbacks, or 10,000 posts, etc.
4. Create a renewable coin for specific challenges, like a shooting drill, or taking a broke down AR (bcg and all) and putting it back together in under 30 secs, etc.

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
Here was my initial thoughts on how I was going to do the Challenge Coins.

1. Create a limited number of coins to sell to raise money for the site. We could make various designs, but keep them very limited.
2. Create a limited number of coins to sell that the profits go to good causes like GeorgiaCarry.org, etc.
3. Create a renewable number of coins that members receive when they earn certain monumental achievements like 100 positive feedbacks, or 10,000 posts, etc.
4. Create a renewable coin for specific challenges, like a shooting drill, or taking a broke down AR (bcg and all) and putting it back together in under 30 secs, etc.
I would even suggest for some of you groups above consider wooden coins - We use them as well - Same principle a lot less cost. @dougiemac Example of some wooden ones

Attachments

• coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: dougiemac

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
Here are a few of mine from my travels.

Attachments

• Coin.jpg
    Coin.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
I value these and others, they were given to me over the years, At the Viet Nam meet in Melbourne Fla. , Rolling thunder, at NRA conventions also the training center in Forsyth.
As gifts to me I would never give them away, they will be passed on to my son..