Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Item: Awesome Outdoor Forum
For: sale or trade
Price: $10,000 OBO
Trade: on/for UTV, Razr, Jeep, small sports car, guns, motorcycles, gold, silver, property, co2 laser system, etc.

Description: what you see is what you get. Seven years of passion and tens of thousands of dollars poured into this site as well as over 11,000 members, 21,000 threads, 750,000 or 3/4 of a million comments and invaluable content as well as a strong brand, logo art, url, merchandise art, left over merchandise inventory, LLC, all trademark and copyright rights , and ownership of social media accounts which have over 2400 Facebook followers and 5,800 instagram followers.

What’s the cost to keep the site running with minimal platform upgrades? That’s a great question to ask. My costs are listed below:
  • Monthly hosting is $178.
  • Yearly licensing for the forum and its addons is around $250
I’ve put 7 years of dedicated work into this community and loved every minute of it, however after having invested well over $50,000 over the years in development, hosting, merchandise, promotions, marketing and influencers, my passion is beginning to fade and I’ve reached the end of my season as captain of this vessel.

This community deserves a captain that has the passion to grow it and help it thrive. I can continue to stay on and consult or be on staff if the new owner wishes. I am thankful for each one of you and appreciate what you have given to this community. However I believe my time is over.

Price is very negotiable for members and supporters in good standing. I’d love to see someone in the community take the site over and continue growing it and serving the outdoor and gun community of the Southeast.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
@dougiemac can’t say enough good about you providing a great place for us to hang out meet greet and discuss everything under the sun. I have some of the best friends now all thanks to you putting SET together. Sad to hear the news but I understand much thanks my dude.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
@dougiemac can’t say enough good about you providing a great place for us to hang out meet greet and discuss everything under the sun. I have some of the best friends now all thanks to you putting SET together. Sad to hear the news but I understand much thanks my dude.
I feel the same way bro. To be honest if anyone in the community wanted to take the site over, I basically give it over to them for an AK or something of minimal value to demonstrate a deal, to keep this community running.

Hoss

I have no idea who owns this place
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
here
As much as I hate to see this, I completely understand. I remember when me, you, Laufen and Scott put this thing together from the remains of the Ohio Outdoor Network site. I hope someone wants to take the reigns and continue to grow your vision. Thanks for everything, Doug.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
As much as I hate to see this, I completely understand. I remember when me, you, Laufen and Scott put this thing together from the remains of the Ohio Outdoor Network site. I hope someone wants to take the reigns and continue to grow your vision. Thanks for everything, Doug.
I didn’t do anything but provide some stupidity lol.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Would I need anything more than a smart phone on my end?
@FatAlbert, I've been out of the tech end of things for a while but am a damn fast study, if I do say so myself. I obviously don't have funds to buy the site. Just trying not to lose the house at this point. And most of my time is caring for Suz, but I'd be willing to get up to speed so I could communicate with the hosting company for you if anything came up that needed handling. I was about to order a refurbished notebook computer but I'll hold off to see if this idea works to be sure I meet any specs needed to deal with the hosting company.

This site has literally saved our lives & I'd love to help keep it going. I'm just extremely sorry I can't do more.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
@FatAlbert, I've been out of the tech end of things for a while but am a damn fast study, if I do say so myself. I obviously don't have funds to buy the site. Just trying not to lose the house at this point. And most of my time is caring for Suz, but I'd be willing to get up to speed so I could communicate with the hosting company for you if anything came up that needed handling. I was about to order a refurbished notebook computer but I'll hold off to see if this idea works to be sure I meet any specs needed to deal with the hosting company.

This site has literally saved our lives & I'd love to help keep it going. I'm just extremely sorry I can't do more.
Your presence here is invaluable kemosabe.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Appreciate man. It's something to think about. I'm barely capable of running one rinky dink business so would definitely need help on this one.
It's a serious offer & I'm happy to do it.

Give yourself more credit. I learned a long time ago with our photography business that the only people who claimed it was easy to run a business had never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.