Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oh, that's a great idea. Why don't we make high cap magazines firearms as well? And adjustable stocks! OOOO!!! Muzzle devices HAVE to be firearms! That fancy rifle case with the molle webbing!? Better get it shipped to your FFL! Are you transporting that in your newly reclassified firearm minivan?

I fucking hate them.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
God, I hate those bastards. Staying compliant with their ever changing regulations is such a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Am I the only one who thought that this was something on their screen and sat there for a minute trying to wipe it off?...

Screenshot_20180730-220139_Samsung Internet.jpg

:classicdoh:

Last edited:

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms
Who`s bringing the chips?

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Am I the only one who thought that this was something on their screen and sat there for a minute trying to wipe it off?...

View attachment 40613

:classicdoh:
Stop derailing! Banish HIM!!!

Yeah...... It totally passed me. Fucking piece of shit ZAGG InvisibleShield has so many hairline cracks I'm used to lines.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Ah.... this could be bad for every AR company out there. If you read that article, they inferred that because the barrel screws into the upper receiver, then it has to be a serialized (and therefore dealer transfer required) part of the gun...

By that same (lack of) logic, every AR upper would have to go through a dealer for transfer because the barrel threads into all of them. Now

I'd like to get their response to the question regarding one firearm (such as the assembled AR upper/lower making one rifle) having two different serial numbers. I think that is probably already a no-no.

Reactions: dougiemac

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
Ah.... this could be bad for every AR company out there. If you read that article, they inferred that because the barrel screws into the upper receiver, then it has to be a serialized (and therefore dealer transfer required) part of the gun...

By that same (lack of) logic, every AR upper would have to go through a dealer for transfer because the barrel threads into all of them. Now

I'd like to get their response to the question regarding one firearm (such as the assembled AR upper/lower making one rifle) having two different serial numbers. I think that is probably already a no-no.

Is a 50 cal different than a 5.56? None of my barrels thread into the receiver. They slide in and are held in place with a nut.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Is a 50 cal different than a 5.56? None of my barrels thread into the receiver. They slide in and are held in place with a nut.

Good question- I don't know the answer to it either... And I didn't think about the barrel nut vs. the "thread into the receiver" aspect.

I think the most troubling thing is having one firearm with two distinct serial numbers. Surely that's not allowed right now.

Reactions: Okuma

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I PERSONALLY feel that if the ATF requires .50 BMG AR uppers to be classified as firearms, then the manufacturers of these uppers should be able to offer unserialized complete lowers capable of being shipped straight to people's doors.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I PERSONALLY feel that if the ATF requires .50 BMG AR uppers to be classified as firearms, then the manufacturers of these uppers should be able to offer unserialized complete lowers capable of being shipped straight to people's doors.

This is the big problem I have here... how does one firearm now have to have TWO serial numbers? That can't be right. Why not have 10 or 10000 serial numbers to make the darn thing impossible to track/identify?

.50 BMG AR uppers, aside from being big as hell, do the same thing as other AR uppers. And they work with any AR lower. So how do you not end up with double serial numbers?

Reactions: cmshoot and Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
This is the big problem I have here... how does one firearm now have to have TWO serial numbers? That can't be right. Why not have 10 or 10000 serial numbers to make the darn thing impossible to track/identify?

.50 BMG AR uppers, aside from being big as hell, do the same thing as other AR uppers. And they work with any AR lower. So how do you not end up with double serial numbers?
You will end up with two. There's no way around it. You'll be carrying TWO "firearms" but only one gun. It's just another attack on gun rights. Anything they think they might could get away with. Eventuality they will be pushing for other uppers as well.