Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
There are plenty of options on the market for triggers. Single and double stage milspec or drop ins. What is the best you've found that works with shooting paper hunting and running and gunning in class or 3 gun. Is it worth the extra change to just pick up drop ins and loose a coule lbs of pull. I have a couple rifles and have them set up with milspec and I'm sure they're around 8lbs or so but I'm comfortable with them on the range. I'm thinking I'd like to drop in and deals are popping up for them. What do you think.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The BCM one is a nice upgrade from mil spec but is cheap and not too light/crazy.

I also really like the Geissele G2S or whatever if you wanna get a little more cool kid.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
For hunting I like a two stage. The Geissele G2S is an "inexpensive" way to get into decent triggers. I have a single stage Rise Armament, 3.5# in another AR that's basically set up for zombies and surviving a nuclear holocaust. I like the single stage for that.

The Rise Armament is heavier, by a pound and you can feel it, but it's actually a more crisp break than the Geissele. Grab a set of anti-walk pins if you do a drop in pack.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
What you get with a quality aftermarket trigger is a consistent, smooth and PREDICTABLE clean breaks with a typically lighter pull and many times shorter reset.

One of the best budget all around 2-stage triggers as mentioned before is the G2S. Nice clean break that is predictable and not too light. They are robust as well, and would feel comfortable about it lasting a long time. For a nice single stage, again and mentioned before, the CMC (I prefer their flat bow model as well). Probably the best single stage feeling trigger I have used. The flat bow is very comfortable and is super clean with a nice crisp break. They feel darn near as good as a 2-stage.

RRA makes a super cheap 2-stage, but I am not a fan of the feel of them. The pulls aren't always very smooth from the factory. I'm sure you will see them recommended though.

I do think it's worth the cash and Geissele makes a nice all around trigger.

Curious, what do you want to spend? Good triggers run in the low $100 range on sale, up to $375 for some 2-stage or fully adjustable units.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
For hunting I like a two stage. The Geissele G2S is an "inexpensive" way to get into decent triggers. I have a single stage Rise Armament, 3.5# in another AR that's basically set up for zombies and surviving a nuclear holocaust. I like the single stage for that.

The Rise Armament is heavier, by a pound and you can feel it, but it's actually a more crisp break than the Geissele. Grab a set of anti-walk pins if you do a drop in pack.

Second the anti-walk pins. I didn't know they were "needed" when I bought the Rise trigger.

If you want, you're welcome to try out some of mine. I've got a bull barrel AR with a Jewel trigger set to "breathe on it and BANG" (I do not like that trigger). My favorite carbine has a Geissele SDC flat trigger. And that little money pit AR9 has a Rise trigger pack in it.

Reactions: Red Dawn and Laufen

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Im a deal hound and like function better than looks. I've seen and shot The CMC flat and liked it but I'm leaning to Rise Arm.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ra-140-blk/p/ra-140-blk/
I think that's the same deal from when I ordered mine.

Just be aware- the design of that trigger pack really does need the KNS anti-walk pins. Otherwise you have to use the set screws on the bottom of the Rise trigger to "friction lock" the pins into the receiver. Tighten them too much and it greatly affects the trigger pull weight.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I think that's the same deal from when I ordered mine.

Just be aware- the design of that trigger pack really does need the KNS anti-walk pins. Otherwise you have to use the set screws on the bottom of the Rise trigger to "friction lock" the pins into the receiver. Tighten them too much and it greatly affects the trigger pull weight.
Gotcha I understand that anti walk pins are a must if I jump on it this time. Have you run it in the AR yet.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Gotcha I understand that anti walk pins are a must if I jump on it this time. Have you run it in the AR yet.

Just dry fired it at the house. I built the dumb AR9 and haven't even shot it yet. Work has been crazy- between that and back to school, I have been short on free time.

Although from my short time dry firing it, it's a nice feeling trigger. It's a personal thing, but I think I like the first stage take up on the SDC better. Nothing wrong with the Rise trigger, I'm just more accustomed to the two stage trigger.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The RRA 2-stage NM has been in my DD M4V1 for 5 years. Nice and crisp, no issues, inexpensive.

Larue MBT is a good one.....I have that in my backup M4.

The Geissele units are good.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Perhaps somebody could school me on why having a 2 stage on a duty rifle is optimal.