Anyone else use a automatic boolit feeder on a turret press?

GA Firing Line

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
daddyseal said:
I have a Hornady that works with cast boolits...and am working on the smaller RCBS to work with cast boolits.
Anyone else use those on a turret or single stage press?
What Hornady and RCBS products are you referring to? I don't understand what you're asking about.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Those are interesting, but probably wouldn't do much for my reloading style.

I use an old Texan 7-station turret press which is purely manual - no automatic advancing of the turret position.

I do a whole batch of cases one step at a time. In other words, I size the whole batch, prime the whole batch with a hand priming tool, etc. Powder is charged with the whole batch of cases in a loading block. Then, I move the powder-filled cases to the press one at a time and manually place the bullet on the case just before cycling the round into the bullet seating die. After seating the bullet, I rotate the turret to put a crimping die into position and cycle the press handle once more.

I'm often using two hands in the process of moving material. For example, when seating a bullet, I put the case into the holder with one hand and position the bullet with the other. The hand that moved the case then goes to the handle to cycle the press.

daddyseal

Scout
Oct 25, 2012
central Texas
I see...OK
Then unless you wanted to skip the manually putting a bullet on to of your flared case, then moving turret to seating station...this is not for you, friend~

But with my auto-indexing turret press, I watch carefully (of course), and only touch one thing...adding the case to the shell holder. Everything else, including removing the finished round is automatic.