Any regular SET members do NFA engraving?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I think he would be ok as far as the dropping off part as at this point he's just dropping off any old receiver, but you would probably be right about the picking up part once the engraving is done and its "official"
Agreed, that's why I said "grey area" @ best.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Wouldn't @Cudruln need to be on your trust then? I'd say it's a grey area at best.
Unless the form 1 has been approved, it's still a regular lower. Engraving doesn't make it an NFA item, so anyone can transport it. Engraving simply makes it compliant once the forms are approved. Form = SBR

If it's an approved form 1 lower, then it has to stay under the owners control or in the possession of an SOT.

Reactions: Leshaire

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Unless the form 1 has been approved, it's still a regular lower. Engraving doesn't make it an NFA item, so anyone can transport it. Engraving simply makes it compliant once the forms are approved. Form = SBR

If it's an approved form 1 lower, then it has to stay under the owners control or in the possession of an SOT.
It's been approved. @Laufen screamed it from the mountain too earlier.

I say it could be a gray area if laufen put a 16" barrel on it then he could cross state lines without paperwork bc it is no longer an SBR. That same logic could be argued to also be applied in this situation.

I wouldn't wanna be he guinea pig.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
It's been approved. @Laufen screamed it from the mountain too earlier.

I say it could be a gray area if laufen put a 16" barrel on it then he could cross state lines without paperwork bc it is no longer an SBR. That same logic could be argued to also be applied in this situation.

I wouldn't wanna be he guinea pig.
OK. Missed that earlier.

He's going to have to transport in person or ship it direct to an SOT, as a lower only.

But you're right, attaching a 16 upper technically makes it a Title 1 gun and could be transported. But like you said, I wouldn't want to be the test case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Yeah, but he said "Regular Member".
emoji6.png

Are you saying Bryan isn't "regular" or just not active...

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Dang. I didn't realize that was a 12.5. And with the Brakeout 1.0? My ears hurt just looking at it. But suppressed, that has got to be a sweet setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah but I shoot everything suppressed anyways.....

I never shoot it, if I'm going to shoot .308 I shoot da G.A.P.

Reactions: DarthVader