Who hasn't learned their lesson?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm not trying to be the eternal pessimist either, however, I honestly don't see these "panics" reducing in severity or longevity anytime soon. Just as I commented in another thread, while .22 prices continue to drop, I don't think we'll ever see the widespread availability at .02/.03rnd as we previously did. I certainly believe there will be future attempts at another AWB, the manufacturers know this and will keep prices in line based upon demand.

Dare I put my tin foil hat on while a black helicopter hovers overhead, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see ammo regulated by the ATF - - "manufacturing" your own ammo will require an ATF form. I'm just thinking our illustrious govt will take a back door approach by going after ammo to make it so expensive that gun sales drop exponentially.
They've been swinging big with proposed legislation and getting shot down, it wouldn't surprise me to see them take a more piecemeal approach either.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Well I was trying to buy a case of .223 each month.

Then I got a Garand and it's three times more expensive to feed.

Then I acquired and m1 carbine and that's ANOTHER caliber I have to try to secure.

Reactions: Balthaz

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Anderson Lowers are helping me stack up.
Cheap Ammo is also on the menu.
And Mags just can not have enough of those (556 and 7.62X**)

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I've started similar threads, but just consider this ol' Laufen's friendly reminder that we are currently in the golden age of firearms ownership. The current legislative climate, amount of variety available, and low prices will likely never be more favorable than they are now. Right now, at this very moment, you can buy an American revolver, or Swiss rifle for under $500 that would easily take $1500 to build today. Ammo is at 4 year lows, and you can buy a 6 pack of decent AR mags for the price of a handjob behind the QT.

For those under a rock, we have an election cycle coming up, and unknown results aside there is at least a good possibility that firearms/ammo prices will increase, perhaps dramatically at some point in the next couple years.

Has everyone already stocked up on what they need at this point? What's most important long term, maybe standard (not reduced) capacity magazines? Ammo? What's your priority going into an election that may result in an anti-gun President trying to make a name for himself/herself?

Don`t fall for this,the CIA has hacked Laufens account and is documenting all replies. Wheres my fucin tin hat?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah, I already have more than I need, I've not seen the M3's that low, so figured I'd throw it out there
No, that's a great price for sure. Honestly, at 25+ mags, it's probably time to shift the focus somewhere else. Maybe that's not a lot for some people, but that'll last me multiple lifetimes.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I think one of the other trends that attribute to the panic buying is that folks (even those in the know) will tend to wait too long for prices to hit rock bottom before "stocking" up, then an event occurs and they say "Oh shit, I waited too long, better jump now" and the cycle perpetuates

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think one of the other trends that attribute to the panic buying is that folks (even those in the know) will tend to wait too long for prices to hit rock bottom before "stocking" up, then an event occurs and they say "Oh shit, I waited too long, better jump now" and the cycle perpetuates
Yeah, I tend to look at the insignificant difference between the average and the all time low. What are we talking with magazines, a few bucks? Not worth the wait.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
No, that's a great price for sure. Honestly, at 25+ mags, it's probably time to shift the focus somewhere else. Maybe that's not a lot for some people, but that'll last me multiple lifetimes.
I think I have 30 or 35, which is also "good enough" for my needs; I may pick up some more Magpul 40 rounders to use for bartering when SHTF and I need to eat :)

Reactions: Laufen

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
MAgs are really low average 13/14 bucks. Brother reloads ,I`m good, just scored 22 for he and I also. Can`t say how many, they listening over at ODT and I might get banned for flipping. Shit Can I say ODT in the thread? :)