Faktory 47

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I met another member here at GA Firing Line to do a deal and stopped in to talk to some friends that work there. I have been on the lookout for the new PPQ 45 and haven't seen one until tonight. Unfortunately I was too late and someone had already put the only one on layaway but the next one is mine. I figured I'd share some initial impressions.

The gun feels a bit heavier than the 9mm version. I would say the gun is only slightly bigger than the 9mm. They really did a great job of keeping the size down. Quality was the same as nearly all Walthers, that is to say excellent.

The grip was spectacular. It ho eslty felt about as big as the 9mm with the large back strap in. It was a bit thicker but that's to be expected for a double stack 45. I'm not sure which back strap was installed in it but I don't think my wife would have an issue holding it with her tiny hands.

The trigger is nothing like that complete failure CCP. It is the same phenomenal trigger found on the 9mm PPQ.

Overall the gun will likely be my next carry piece. At $619 it's a fair deal and it comes with 2 12 round mags. It really is just a slightly bigger PPQ M2 9mm...i can't give it much more of a compliment than that. I can't wait to make one mine....

Attachments

• 20151011_164311.jpg
    20151011_164311.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: DMR

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I met another member here at GA Firing Line to do a deal and stopped in to talk to some friends that work there. I have been on the lookout for the new PPQ 45 and haven't seen one until tonight. Unfortunately I was too late and someone had already put the only one on layaway but the next one is mine. I figured I'd share some initial impressions.

The gun feels a bit heavier than the 9mm version. I would say the gun is only slightly bigger than the 9mm. They really did a great job of keeping the size down. Quality was the same as nearly all Walthers, that is to say excellent.

The grip was spectacular. It ho eslty felt about as big as the 9mm with the large back strap in. It was a bit thicker but that's to be expected for a double stack 45. I'm not sure which back strap was installed in it but I don't think my wife would have an issue holding it with her tiny hands.

The trigger is nothing like that complete failure CCP. It is the same phenomenal trigger found on the 9mm PPQ.

Overall the gun will likely be my next carry piece. At $619 it's a fair deal and it comes with 2 12 round mags. It really is just a slightly bigger PPQ M2 9mm...i can't give it much more of a compliment than that. I can't wait to make one mine....
So the ccp sucks? Tel me more. The gas system intrigued me

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So the ccp sucks? Tel me more. The gas system intrigued me

The CCP is a nice ergonomic gun let down by an ungodly gritty mess of a trigger....though objectively not terrible but it's godawful compared to the PPQ.

H

Hoss

I soooooo want to love the ccp . The trigger on the one I shot felt like a 19 stage match trigger.

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
cd35700c0d90e70a049d81813bc6b794.jpg
mine

Reactions: Shemp