Wal Mart walk

Howard Law

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Did that thing I was talking about; grabbed a cart, banged the thing into the back of the store, had a chat with a guy in the back, threw 5 boxes of Winchester 12 ga #4 buck, a can of CLP, a bag of chips and a pack of ham in the cart and rolled up to the express line. Easy-peasy, she double bagged 2 packages and didn't even blink and it was almost midnight. $12.97 a box plus 7% tax. What a country!

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
004-3_zps415ebb21.jpg

This is all I had on me. The guy from the back of the store covered me. :) The cocktail was when I got home.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
My last trip to the Walmart was for my mother who will be 80 on January the 9th. I was hauling her around to do some banking because the roads were slick, so before I took her home I asked if she needed anything else. Here is her list for Walmart.

Chicken strips from deli
Pepsi
Bread
Whisky (whatever is the best buy or Windsor)

Gotta love an 80 year old mom that still wants a belt now and then. :)

Tarheel

Hunter
Funny, how these older folks enjoy their daily "sniff of spirits". My mom loved her light daily Old Fashioned beverage. She was in assisted living for seven years and they didn't allow alcohol on the premises. So, I visited her almost daily (late PM after dinner) and with me was a pre-mixed Old Fashioned. That was her highlight of the day...and mine too.

She passed away a year ago at the ripe ole age of 98 and basically a happy lady...so, I don't have any regrets for breaking a few rules. Sometimes that conduct simply fits the situation. I had an Old Fashioned (not my drink of choice) on New Year's day to carry forward the tradition. Go gal.

Tarheel

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Tarheel said:
Funny, how these older folks enjoy their daily "sniff of spirits". My mom loved her light daily Old Fashioned beverage. She was in assisted living for seven years and they didn't allow alcohol on the premises. So, I visited her almost daily (late PM after dinner) and with me was a pre-mixed Old Fashioned. That was her highlight of the day...and mine too.

She passed away a year ago at the ripe ole age of 98 and basically a happy lady...so, I don't have any regrets for breaking a few rules. Sometimes that conduct simply fits the situation. I had an Old Fashioned (not my drink of choice) on New Year's day to carry forward the tradition. Go gal.

Tarheel

More power to your Mom, Hank. That's great to hear.....

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Nice story Tarheel. I feel the same way. I don't drink much at all at home. Have a few adult beverages on the houseboat though. If my mom wants a little something in her Coke every now and then I will be the delivery boy.

R

rayzer007

bigdogdaddy said:
Gotta love an 80 year old mom that still wants a belt now and then. :)

Mummy used to swill Gallo Cream Sherry ............ bbbbblllluuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh ! Wretched stuff! I liked it when I was seven or eight , then grew to despise even the smell of it! :D
I remember it burning my nose when exiting on the fly after too many quick shotglasses of it! :eek:

Ray

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Verticoli said:
My x's Grandmother took 151 rum by the tablespoonful, usually 2. "It relaxes me, it really does", she used to say.

I have not had a drink of 151 in about 25 years, but as I recall it relaxed the heck out of me the last time I had any.