Train... Train.. Train.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
After reading the title of this thread, I feel like I should go ahead and lock @sam out of it. Just to be safe
Would you like me to post on her behalf?

But in all seriousness, I am for having a training class as a strong recommendation for getting a permit.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
The vast majority of the time a gun is used in self-defence, it's used by a person with no training. And the most useless training in the world is a class designed to fulfill a legal requirement.

This article is not so subtly pushing an agenda.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
The vast majority of the time a gun is used in self-defence, it's used by a person with no training. And the most useless training in the world is a class designed to fulfill a legal requirement.

This article is not so subtly pushing an agenda.
All I am suggesting is that more people take a James Yeager type class. Get the simulation of real world shtf. That is merely what is being presented.

Reactions: dougiemac

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
The class I took for my CCW permit in Florida was a joke. Slow fire at predetermined distance is not training. Pop ups, shoot houses, low light, yelling screaming, running & cover. Tactical reloads. Clearing malfunctions. This is the stuff that matters.

Reactions: madHatter

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
The class I took for my CCW permit in Florida was a joke. Slow fire at predetermined distance is not training. Pop ups, shoot houses, low light, yelling screaming, running & cover. Tactical reloads. Clearing malfunctions. This is the stuff that matters.

In my opinion and definition of "training", CCW classes aren't training. They're an introduction to firearms and state laws course.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
All I am suggesting is that more people take a James Yeager type class. Get the simulation of real world shtf. That is merely what is being presented.

Once I took real training, I learned how to fight with my gun and was placed in stressful situations and real world scenarios that better prepared me for what could happen in real life.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Once I took real training, I learned how to fight with my gun and was placed in stressful situations and real world scenarios that better prepared me for what could happen in real life.

I'd love to start doing classes like that... I just wish I had some place to shoot. Anyone want to start a gunfighters school with me?

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I will never support mandatory training.

I do think training is important though, just not mandatory by the government.

Reactions: freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I would love to take more training that involves force on force, shoot/no shoot scenarios, house clearing, etc. I've had some, and want to take Tom Givens class next time he's in town.

But most of what's called training doesn't prepare you for a violent attack. I have no doubt a tactical response graduate would fare better than someone with no training, but I have my doubts that someone with a CCW class or even someone that took a standard 2 day course is any better than average.

And the average bad guy didn't have any training either and probably has shitty handgun that's never been fired. That's who you're fighting, not some SF operator. I would rather my wife be mentally prepared to respond quickly and violently than be able to shoot the x ring at 25 yards.